Senior Applications Developer
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to make an Impact?
We’re expanding our digital team and we need exceptional talent in Data, IT and Innovation.
You are a builder, influencer, and change agent
In this exciting role, you will be acting as a primary contact for IT Operations and Infrastructure, and Production Support for implementation of solution. This involves conducting design and code reviews throughout the System Development Life Cycle to ensure the solution delivered conforms to IT standards and quality software delivery practices.
You can manage the development life cycle for large-scale projects and/or medium to small projects spanning multiple platforms or solutions, consisting of complex conversions, integration and new development. This consists of leading support teams in the development of software solutions and the development of detailed functional, technical and operational specifications. In addition, you can ensure all documentation created is up to date and correct before solutions or changes are implemented.
Sobeys Inc. is investing big in technology – Join us and invest in your future
We are on a journey to completely transform how we do business, and we offer a hybrid work model with the opportunity for additional flexibility.
Join us and you’ll be working with:
- Leading tools and systems in our modern MuleSoft, Azure and ADRM infrastructure.
- A data-driven culture
- Strong, collaborative team of energetic and experienced digital experts
What you bring to the table:
- Good communication skills to ensure that department management is informed of progress, status, and issues of delivery team activities.
- Leadership skills to support teams in the development and support of integration solutions
- Ability to identify functional and technical solutions to meet client requirements
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision of their digital future. Are you ready to be part of this success story? #DigitalatSobeys #LI-Hybrid
As a Senior Integration Developer with Sobeys, you will:
- Assist in the preparation of detailed functional, technical, and operational specifications
- Provide accurate development estimates from specifications
- Code and test software programs and applications
- Develop or support software application solutions in a project team environment
- Conduct code reviews to ensure the solution delivered conforms to IT standards and best practices
- Ensure all documentation is created, up to date and correct
- Ensure management is informed of progress, status, and issues
- Create and implement unit test plans
- Analyze and amend software to correct errors in a timely and accurate fashion
- Resolve problems with increasingly less supervision
What you have to offer:
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Solid experience with SDLC methodologies
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Strong experience in software engineering and solution delivery methodologies
- Strong experience in integrated development tool suites
- Extensive technical knowledge of one or more programming languages including Java, C#, and SQL
- Understanding of operating platforms and Cloud/DB environments
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.