Senior Architect, Data Acquisition
For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world’s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
We are looking for an experienced Architect to assume architectural ownership of specific components and features of Global Relay’s data acquisitions applications. You will work closely with the Principal Architect, Development Leads and Product Managers to architect, design and facilitate the delivery of new products and features as well as provide technical oversight and guidance for development teams.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience with:
- Big data, data lakes / data warehousing / BI
- Distributed systems at scale
- Consistency models
- Asynchronous messaging
- Security methodologies and technologies
- Data integrity and reconciliation
- Reactive frameworks
- Design, create and maintain a systems architecture that will address existing and emergent business needs
Research and explore options for a proposal with consideration to the ramifications of all user stories and requirements
- Responsible for the technology and architecture used by the teams
- Take ownership driving architecture decisions and detail designs
- Ensure that any architectural decisions implemented by the team are true to the design
- Lead presentations to socialize and validate proposed architectures with other product areas and business units
- Maintain alignment between product area architecture, architecture of other product areas and overall enterprise architecture
- Provide critical thinking and technical leadership from idea creation through to execution
- 5+ years of experience in an architecture role for an enterprise scale application
- 5+ years of Java development experience, building highly scalable applications and services in an agile environment
- Experience with massively scalable storage solutions, ideally S3-like Object Storage solutions like MinIO, Scality, etc.
- Experience with Message Brokering solutions like Kafka, Pulsar, etc.
- Proven ability and track record in clearly aligning technical solutions with explicit business objectives
- Able to present architecture in a clear manner to business and technical stakeholders
- Strong experience in interacting and collaborating with various levels within an organization
- Comfortable working with product management to define requirements
- Proven experience leading effectively, demonstrating the ability and energy to thrive in a fast paced, fast growth entrepreneurial environment. Have a ‘solution based’ mind set, and be proactive in driving improvements forward
- Experience architecting micro-services for deployment on Kubernetes and cloud native platforms would be a bonus
- API architecture and development and full stack design/architecture experience is desired
- Experience with Analytics, AI and Machine Learning an asset
- Familiarity with RedHat OpenShift, Spring Boot, REST an asset
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.