Senior Business Analyst
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Business Analyst
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As a Senior Business Analyst in the Capital Markets Application Access Control Group (AACG), you will identify and provide clarification on productivity and service-enhancing initiatives as they relate to Capital Markets Technology Risk projects, as well as providing oversight and participation in managing the Capital Markets Access Control System (CMACS) application inventory. Working effectively and collaboratively with multiple departments and stakeholders (internal and external), this position participates in defining and delivering solutions.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage the design, development and implementation of solutions required to support technology risk initiatives with a focus on identifying process improvement/reengineering opportunities through streamlining, simplification, elimination of redundancies, automation, standardization, etc.
- Participation in managing application onboarding, re-onboarding, decommissioning and exemptions to the CMACS inventory including current state assessment, analysis of recommended end state, performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Post Implementation Verifications (PIV).
- Work with business partners and application teams across Capital Markets, as well as external vendors, to facilitate the onboarding of applications to AACG’s centralized control for access provisioning.
- Create and maintain reporting related to monitoring key access controls (i.e. Access Management and Data Loss & Cyber Risk).
- Work with functional groups across the organization (i.e. infrastructure teams, compliance, operational risk, application support teams, supplier management office, etc.) to create, document, and maintain operational processes; provide guidance, assistance and support.
- Constantly seek to improve own capacity, skills and expertise; and, communicate regularly with management and other relevant parties to keep impacted resources informed.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- University degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong analytical, trend analysis, problem identification and resolution skills.
- Fully proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience in creating and implementing reporting and processes.
- Experience with identifying and implementing process/system changes which reduce risk, increase efficiencies or enrich customer service.
- Experience with the following User Access Management areas: Access Request, Role-Based Access Control, Provisioning, Privileged Access Management
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging workRBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
RBC exige, à titre de condition d’emploi, que tous les candidats retenus aux États-Unis ou au Canada soient entièrement vaccinés contre la COVID-19 avant leur date d’entrée en fonction. Il est possible qu’ils aient à présenter une preuve vaccinale. Des mesures raisonnables d’adaptation sont offertes lorsque la loi l’exige
HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.