Senior Client Relationship Officer – Across Québec & Atlantic
No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we help Canada and its entrepreneurs create a prosperous, inclusive and green economy. Our mission is to help Canadian businesses thrive by providing financing, capital and advisory services. We’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here, and we think you’ll like it too. Join BDC and help make a difference!
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for BDC. These concepts are foundational to our success and to our ability to attract, retain, mobilize and develop the right talent, as well as to offer a healthy, professional and collaborative environment. We are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment where all employees can thrive, and, for over a decade, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, experiences, and more.
The incumbent is responsible for high quality customer service for the Financing team in matters regarding basic issues, preparing client proposals and all relevant documentation pertaining thereto (e.g. letters of intent, contracts, obtainment of signatures) as well as ensuring follow-up with clients. He/she also performs a variety of administrative tasks and provides support to the team .
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Provide excellent customer service for Financing in the resolution of basic customer issues and escalate complex issues to senior team members.
- Provide prompt, accurate and professional responses to existing clients and potential clients while ensuring adherence to policies, procedures and practices.
- Prepare letters to the client/professionals based on the specific process (e.g., letter of intent, letter of offer, mandates to professionals, etc.) and/or develop client proposals/contracts ensuring that the information is accurate and entered into our system, all necessary documentation, requirements and signatures are prepared/obtained, forms are completed, and follow-up is performed.
- Actively participate in the development of the portfolio by identifying opportunities for financing and developing value-added creative solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Perform pre-qualification and risk rating activities for Financing prospects/clients and conducting the initial interview with clients and other activities.
- Proactively participate in branch marketing efforts by organizing events, campaigns and activities, preparing marketing communications, and providing premises/systems support.
- Promote BDC’s financial services to influencers and potential clients and contribute to the referral efforts by undertaking internet research and coordinating calling programs (internal or outsourced) to identify leads and business opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with various outside agencies, and lists of brokers and data source managers and/or clients within the territory.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the office by greeting clients/potential clients, answering telephone calls and responding accordingly, preparing incoming/outgoing mail, maintaining office supplies, etc, and providing administrative support to team members.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor Degree in Administration or any related field
- Customer- service oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities and solve problems
- Good analytical and financial skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and deal with a variety of situations on an ongoing basis
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines
- A creative team player who is flexible, cooperative and demonstrates a desire to work within a team
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Bilingualism (English & French) is required
With us, you’ll be able to achieve the work/life balance you’re looking for, with competitive working conditions and above-market flexible benefits. This includes modern workspaces to work from when you are in our offices, and, for some specific positions, the ability to work remotely, on reserve, and/or within your community.
Important Point to Consider
Vaccination Policy for COVID-19: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the community are a top priority for us. Effective November 8, 2021, BDC requires that all employees and consultants be fully vaccinated. A solemn declaration will be requested to this effect.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only the candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us at Careers@BDC.ca, and include your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.