Senior Data Scientist
Arcurve is one of North America’s leading full-service technology, advisory and software development companies. In 2006, we began with a belief that there was a better way to deliver professional services in the technology industry. Since then, we have completed more than 700 projects for clients ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. From our office in Calgary and hubs in Halifax, Houston and Vancouver we deliver exceptional results for our clients in a diverse range of industries including telecommunications, oil and gas, transportation, private equity, gaming, infrastructure, software, financial and hospitality.
At Arcurve, we believe that work should be an enjoyable experience, and that the best “aha” moments come through team learning and continuous motivation. We know the key to success is collaboration, and that you can’t put a value on accountable, transparent, and authentic interactions. We strive to deliver exceptional service, while creating lasting, authentic relationships with our employees, our contractors, our students, our clients, and our community.
We’re looking for an authentic, collaborative, accountable, talented and experienced Senior Data Scientist to join the Arcurve team.
- Passionate about technology
- An authentic and creative human
- Driven to succeed
- A believer in the importance of teamwork
- An expert problem solver
- Someone who thrives on challenge
- Motivated by exception results
- Someone who cares about your clients
A Data Scientist is the alchemist of the 21st century: someone who can turn raw data into purified insights. Data Scientists apply statistics, machine learning and analytic approaches to solve critical business problems. The primary function of this role is to help organizations turn their volumes of big data into valuable and actionable insights. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you will be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. You will also be expected to have some programming skills, an ability to design new algorithms, handle big data, with some expertise in the domain knowledge. You will be asked to interpret the results of your findings, and to explain how the model or technique works to our clients.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Collaborate with data engineering and business intelligence analysts
- Propose solutions and strategies to resolve business challenges
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Interact with stakeholders
- Model design and testing
- Algorithm assessment, design, and testing
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist, working with external clients
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Hands-on experience with database design
- Experience in data mining
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of machine learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL, Python, and Jupyter Notebook
- Experience using Databricks, Spark, Hadoop, Neo4j/Graph Databases or equivalent
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik) and data platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP, and Neo4j)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- A fun work atmosphere that values equity, diversity and inclusion
- Competitive salary plus flexible health & wellness benefits
- Hybrid work environment and flexible scheduling
- Contract or permanent employment agreements – your choice!
- A convenient, central location in Calgary but open to remote from anywhere in Canada