Senior Developer/Analyst (Unix) – Remote
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Senior Developer/Analyst (Unix) – Remote to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia (CA-NS), Canada (CA). (Remote)
- Designs, documents, and implements operating rules, standards, and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the assigned application to ensure that the application is optimally supported.
- Installs and configures applications (production, test, and development environments), then manages application conformance to established policies, procedures, and performance standards (Service Level Agreements);
- Establishes daily operational and maintenance standards for the application and performs scheduled and preventative maintenance and configuration per these standards, to ensure that the application operates according to standards in the production environment.
- Performs production support activities, including incident analysis and resolution, responding to issues as escalated by Production Support Analysts.
- Works collaboratively with the vendor, BAM, and application development team in the planning, documentation, implementation, and deployment of proposed upgrades, enhancements, and additional modules to expand the functionality and/or performance of the application.
- Ensures that proposed application enhancements do not compromise the integrity of the application, balancing the needs of the end-user with the stability and performance requirements of the application.
- Complies with departmental quality assurance, audit, design, and code review standards – CMMI.
- Produces required system documentation for all assignments
- 3 – 5 years of experience with Unix scripting & utilities, Awk, Perl
- Working knowledge in Web services & Apache Web Servers
- Basic knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Data/Computer Operations technology integration and support
- TCP/IP, Internet, WWW, middleware
- Integrated technologies with cross-functional impact
- Windows-based PC’s
- Unix operating system environments
- Tidal Scheduling software
- Dimensions Librarian
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into technical solutions
- Desire and ability to clearly communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Proficient or some working knowledge of BBx/BBj and Java would be a plus
- Experience within a healthcare or insurance IT environment is desirable.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.
Job Segment: Unix, Developer, Consulting, Java, Middleware, Technology