Senior Java API Engineer
CPQi provides consultative services and expertise to help our clientele in the financial industry deliver better services to their users, speed up development lifecycles and bring them into a digital age. We work with 8 of the world’s top 12 banks, exposing our team to the most exciting technologies and strategies in today’s digital era. You will be working on various projects supporting our clients and we want you to grow with us. In doing that we focus heavily on the progress and education of all of our team members. That’s why we invest in you by offering CPQi University, paid certifications and other training programs. We want to build a career for life here at CPQi.
CPQi is currently seeking a Senior Java API Engineer to join our team!
- Duties include providing high-quality services and applications by coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining programs. Developing and modifying moderately complex information systems involving most phases of systems analysis and programming.
- Focus will be on updating existing Edward Jones applications to use new APIs for data interaction and integration with vendor based financial planning system.
- Analyze, code, test and document programs and enhancements.
- Conduct code walkthroughs to assure quality of programs developed by other associates.
- Optimize application performance for maximum speed and scalability
- Mentor entry and mid-level developers
- Work closely with support team, delivery manager and product owners to address incidents and problem queues, ensuring proper prioritization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Experience analyzing existing applications and making modifications for new features while maintaining other existing functionalities.
- Experience using CI/CD pipelines and code quality tools.
- Test driven mindset using frameworks like JUnit and contract testing tools such as Pact.io.
- Experience and familiarity with Docker, containers, Kubernetes, Microservices, GitHub.
- Experience working with financial planning concepts and APIs (from vendors such as eMoney/MoneyGuide Pro) is a plus.
- Good analysis and trouble-shooting skills are required.