Senior Manager, Data Scientist
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Manager, Data Scientist
- Extract, manipulate and analyze data from a variety of sources to formulate insightful conclusions, provide strategic recommendations, and inform management actions, both as part of routine people-level analytics and in support of new initiatives
- Provide relevant, credible and actionable analytics to inform business diagnosis
- Design complex and large-scale datasets to be used for statistical modeling and data mining
- Conduct exploratory analysis and interpretation of new and different data sources to find solutions to business problems
- Present and communicate data analysis in a clear and compelling way to business audiences, at all levels with the relevant insights
- Design and implement scenario models relevant to Finance Domain
- Perform tasks related to development of advanced data mining models which could include but not limited to clustering, segmentation, natural language processing, time-series analysis, sentiment analysis, linear programming, and Bayesian analysis
- Provide subject matter expertise in experimental design
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop tools and services such as modeling, dashboards, decision aids and business case analysis to drive innovation, strategic initiatives and recommend solutions
- Work with internal technology groups to develop and enhance data support for model development and automation of the models
- Support development of other team members immediate team and greater team by involving them in key projects or initiatives; offers peer coaching and training/learning
- Coordination with various groups for key inputs into models; Prepare detailed documentation to outline models and algorithms
- A degree in Machine Learning, Statistics, AI, Computer Science, Engineering, or Technology
- Hadoop Developer or Data Scientist certification (Hortonworks preferred)
- 3+ years of Applied Statistics, Data Mining, and Machine Learning experience
- 5+ years of production experience with python, or equivalent statistical or ML framework
- 3+ years of experience Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Excellent understanding of the underlying Statistical, Machine Learning theory and Predictive Modeling Lifecycle
- Production experience implementing Lookalike, Clustering Decision Tree models
- Production experience with Text Mining, Natural language processing and Recommender systems
- Expert-level SQL querying skills
- In-depth understanding and production experience with the core Hadoop components, including Hive, Spark, HDFS etc.
- Creative problem solver and strategic thinker with a strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have
Working knowledge of financial statements, forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis
Strong knowledge and skills of RBC data, analytics methodology, practices and tools
The Senior Manager, Data Scientist supports FDA and F&C leadership in assessing including providing Trending, Finance Analytics, Research, Executive/Operational Dashboards, and Expertise to senior management, enhancing their ability to create operational efficiency across CFO. The role ensures a robust and authoritative fact base and analytic capabilities to support of the execute and develop advance analytics within CFO.
Additionally, the role provides ongoing feedback, advice, analysis and support, in-depth data analysis, and highlight process gaps to executives and senior management, Functional Managers (FM) or Subject Matter Experts (SME) ensuring full benefit and clarity of Finance Analytics, the value proposition and overall positive impact on the RBC.
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Office of the CFO
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.