Senior Manager, Underwriting (Virtual)– Ontario and Atlantic
No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we help Canada and its entrepreneurs create a prosperous, inclusive and green economy. Our mission is to help Canadian businesses thrive by providing financing, capital and advisory services. We’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here, and we think you’ll like it too. Join BDC and help make a difference!
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for BDC. These concepts are foundational to our success and to our ability to attract, retain, mobilize and develop the right talent, as well as to offer a healthy, professional and collaborative environment. We are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment where all employees can thrive, and, for over a decade, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, experiences, and more.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Underwriting to join our virtual team!
This is an opportunity to put your analytical skills, business acumen and commercial lending experience to good use. You will be responsible for proposing high quality loan proposals for businesses in various industries across Canada. If you are looking for an organization that invests in your talent, join our committed and diverse team!
The Senior Manager, Underwriting is responsible for conducting proper investigations and due diligence activities for loan proposals. The Manager, Underwriting, must also present high-quality proposals, which include all appropriate analysis and documentation while ensuring that risk levels are within the parameters of accepted credit practices and BDC policies and procedures.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Underwrite high-quality proposals by analyzing and conducting proper investigations and due diligence for medium to high complexity loan proposals.
- Develop appropriate terms, pricing, conditions and covenants while ensuring thorough credit analysis, due diligence and sound account management practices.
- Review loan packages and, when necessary, negotiate with internal partners (AM/BCM/CRM) on structuring the deal to ensure compliance with BDC policies and procedures.
- Participate in the resolution of compliance or material changes that arise as deals are being negotiated and structured.
- Develop win-win solutions for the client and BDC through innovative thinking and resourcefulness.
- Maintain relationships with business centre personnel, colleagues and internal partners in order to foster teamwork, the pursuit of common objectives and the consistent application of policies.
- Keep abreast of changes to policies, procedures and detailed processes and trends in credit and regulatory issues that may have an impact on BDC.
- Coach new employees and BDLs; mentor and share experience with team members.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration or accounting
- Accounting designation or CFA and banking experience are a definite asset
- 3 to 5 years or more of relevant experience
- Experience in corporate and/or syndicated financing
- Experience in loan writing and ability to analyze and structure complex financial deals
Sound credit judgement coupled with a strong understanding of credit policies and practices
- Thorough knowledge of Bank products, services, policies and procedures and ability to provide high quality customer service to internal/external clients
- Ability to develop win-win solutions for the client and BDC through innovative thinking
- Strong communication skills to be able to interact and negotiate with the internal partners and, in certain instances, with clients.
- Good time management and priority setting skills to meet critical deadlines
- Strong business acumen
- Team player with a thorough understanding of the dynamics of the small business environment
- Comfortable working remotely (Most be localize in Ontario or the Atlantic)
With us, you’ll be able to achieve the work/life balance you’re looking for, with competitive working conditions and above-market flexible benefits. This includes modern workspaces to work from when you are in our offices, and, for some specific positions, the ability to work remotely, on reserve, and/or within your community.
Important Point to Consider
Vaccination Policy for COVID-19: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the community are a top priority for us. Effective November 8, 2021, BDC requires that all employees and consultants be fully vaccinated. A solemn declaration will be requested to this effect.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only the candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us at Careers@BDC.ca, and include your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.