Senior People Experience (PeX) Partner
You love the idea of joining a fast-growing team who love what they do and are inspired to bring their best every day. Plus, you’re eager to be part of an agile people team where you can bring fresh ideas, try new things, and have fun along the way!
As Senior People Experience Partner, you’ll tap into your solid people skills and HR expertise to create experiences where people continue to thrive as we scale and chase our vision of becoming the #1 online sports betting authority. But your insight and contributions won’t stop there. Together, we’re building a world class culture grounded in the values we hold close – tackle it together, fuel with fun, deliver a great experience and build your game.
You’re a people person at heart and pushing your boundaries and diving into all things people related is second nature to you. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join one of the top digital media teams in Canada and by far the most passionate!
- Partner with our (awesome) leaders to create meaningful people experiences.
- Champion our values and a culture that helps our team reach its full potential.
- Strengthen and sustain our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Help us deliver on our promises for people to grow, to embrace the freedom to build something, to play hard to work hard, to be part of a championship team and to take care of each other.
What You’ll Do
- Bring ideas, energy and insights to build out strategies and plans that help us deliver world class people experiences.
- Be a trusted advisor and coach for leaders throughout the people lifecycle including workforce planning, onboarding, performance management, learning and development, engagement, and rewards and recognition.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to our growing PeX team.
- Champion diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging amongst our growing local and remote team.
- Lead change management efforts by assessing current needs and delivering new company-wide ways of working.
- Lead and contribute to the continuous development and alignment of PeX policies, products, and practices to support our business growth and culture. We want to keep raising the bar.
- Continuously monitor the pulse of the business to be sure we’re living our values and staying on top of people needs and opportunities.
- Be data savvy, able to spot and understand trends and use these to make insightful decisions.
- Ensure we’re always acting in compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Have a pulse on the latest PeX developments and trends – find podcasts, read books, take courses and share, share, share so we can all build our game.
What You’ll Bring
- A burning desire to make Covers the best place to work whether in office or remote.
- A proven ability to coach, create trust and build and maintain relationships at all levels of the business.
- Confidence to try new things, push our boundaries and be willing to fail in order to learn.
- Commitment to continuous learning because we’re all about the latest and greatest and learning as we go.
- Passion, positive energy and fun.
- Experience in a fast paced, scaling tech environment.
- 7 plus years’ experience in a human resources business partner, generalist, or manager role.
- Undergraduate degree and continuous learning in human resources or related field.
- CHRL, CPHR or related professional certification preferred.
What We Can Do For You
- Individual and company performance based annual discretionary bonus
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays, birthday, office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven annual training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Dog friendly office
- Free parking
We’re becoming the world’s leading sports betting authority by making smarter sports bettors.
We’re a digital platform that brings together expert insight, rich user experience and a passionate community to help sports bettors bet smarter. In the overwhelming world of sports betting, we’ve created a single place where people who love the risk and rush of competition come together to share their passion and harness our 26 years of expertise, to build their game, win more consistently, and have fun doing it.
We currently see 20 million sports fans visit our site annually, and our goals for the coming year are aggressive. We’ve doubled the size of our company in 12 months, and plan to do so again in the next 24.
One thing is for sure: we’re set for a big next season.
Covers.com is serviced by NS Sports Media Pros Ltd., a related company who specializes in professional services and is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.