Senior Software Developer, (C Dev)
Hi, we’re Maplewave!
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Our Delivery Development team is looking for a highly-motivated, experienced and enthusiastic developer to join our growing team. You will work with project managers, our analyst team, and the rest of the development team to build and deploy our next generation product suite to thousands of retail stores across the world. You’ll help shape our architecture and infrastructure, design and develop highly available services, and help automate our processes.
This is a remote position based in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a cross-platform suite of retail management applications.
- Write clean, maintainable code and automated tests.
- Collaborate with other developers and participate in group discussions and activities.
- Maintain and write documentation for features and processes.
- Participate in code review, design discussions, and feedback sessions.
- Adhere to industry best practices regarding security and performance.
- You must have 5+ years experience in software development using C as your primary programming language.
- You must have 5+ years of experience working with MySQL.
- You have worked extensively with distributed version control systems, such as Git.
- You are proficient in evaluating and implementing new and emerging technologies.
- You are familiar with good architecture and software design principles.
- You are passionate about delivering quality products and great user experiences.
- You have experience with DevOps principles and practices.
Additional experience that would be preferred, but not required (in order of preference):
- Computer Science or related diploma/degree.
- Proficiency in C# and microservices.
- You have experience working on a Waterfall/Agile/Kanban development team.
- Background in data analysis and development involving large databases.
- You are familiar with good design principles.
- Group benefits plan from day 1
- Generous health spending account
- Paid time off
- 35-hr work week
- Half-day Fridays in August
- On-going training & development platform
- RRSP Matching
- Social clubs to connect people who share the same hobbies and interests…. Burger Club anyone?
- Maternity Top Up
- Fun, energizing and often silly corporate culture
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave, we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience – and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference #CD200