Senior Systems Administrator
Dartmouth, NS – Flexible office/remote
Reference #: SA300
Hi, we’re Maplewave!
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
The Senior Systems Administrator is a hands-on technical expert responsible for the effective operation and maintenance of our systems’ hardware, software, and related infrastructure, including both the cloud and our on-premises environments. As a key member of our ITS team, you will be responsible for installation/configuration, coordination, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring and the development of system procedures. This new role will enable our ITS team to mature and expand internally and for our clients, as we support the growth of our mobile, self-service and future platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
LINUX SERVER ADMINISTRATION
- Install, configure, administer, and maintain servers.
- Maintain Amazon Web Services infrastructure, as required.
- Ensure 24/7 availability of the Linux servers.
- Implement access control on Linux systems as per organizational acceptable usage policy.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, develop, and implement solutions.
CONTAINER DEPLOYMENT AND ORCHESTRATION
- Deploy docker containers in on-premises and cloud-hosted environments.
- Deploy orchestration services (such as OpenShift and Kubernetes).
- Maintain container and orchestration configuration in source control repository (such as GitLab).
INFRASTRUCTURE AS CODE
- Develop, deploy, and maintain Infrastructure as Code templates by keeping source control repository up to date.
- Assist in developing and documenting architecture standards.
- Assist in creating architecture diagrams and documents for RFPs and sales proposals, as required.
- College diploma in Information Technology or equivalent schooling or experience.
- 7-10 years experience in a technical support role.
- Strong Linux skills.
- Must be experienced with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience managing containers in an orchestrated environment (Kubernetes).
- Familiarity with shared storage in a container environment.
- Great customer service, communication, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- An ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of Ticket Management Systems (Remedy, ServiceNow, Jira, FreshDesk, etc.), and productivity tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Slack, Office, etc.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Git experience preferred.
- Group benefits plan from day one.
- Generous health spending account.
- Paid time off.
- 35-hr work week.
- RRSP Matching.
- Maternity leave top-up.
- Half-day Fridays in August.
- On-going training & development platform.
- Social clubs to connect people who share the same hobbies and interests…. Burger Club anyone?
To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out our About Us page.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference #SA400