SENIOR UX RESEARCH ANALYST
We are looking for a passionate Senior User Experience Research Analyst to study player behavior and data to produce insights and inform business and design decisions. The successful candidate will conduct full lifecycle activities such as requirements analysis, running playtests, development of reporting capabilities (both ad hoc and dashboards) in collaboration with technical resources, and continuously auditing data accuracy, and seeking new insights into consumer behavior to support decision making.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the biggest IP in the industry using quantitative and qualitative data to drive success in F2P games and ensure a great experience for our players. By joining Alpha Dog Games, you are part of a growing studio that believes in work/life balance, equity and diversity. Located on the East Coast in Canada’s ocean playground, Halifax is host to a thriving video game industry with affordable living and cultural amenities featuring sandy beaches, scenic coastal villages, and a bustling night life. If you have a passion for mobile games, this job is for you.
*Position based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Will consider remote.
- Study results of game usability tests and generate reports outlining player behavior
- Study live player data and work with game design team to reconcile design intent
- Work closely in support of Product Manager to generate ad hoc reports from player data or usability studies
- Segment players into useful actionable groups
- Fully engage in gameplay throughout the development process and provide context to data and reporting
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Support the development of data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Work independently to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Filter and clean data as needed
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- 5+ years of experience in game research and player data analysis
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with, reporting packages (Tableau Software, Power BI etc…), and ability to query database and generate reports
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Behavioral Psychology or Statistics (or comparable)
- Proven ability to analyze player behavior within a live game
- Passion for playing and studying games
- Passion for data, trends and analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable dealing with a wide range of people from executive management to offshore developers
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), ability to present complex technical information to non-technical business users
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and adjust to frequent changes in requirements and deadlines
- Seasoned communicator that is comfortable on email, phone and IM, and has ability to effectively manage communication style up, across and down a management structure, within a diversely skilled organization in multiple locations
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, accountability and deadlines, with excellent organizational, time-management, multi-tasking and project management capabilities
- Organized, reliable self-starter with strong creative thinking, analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate reporting deliverables with both technical and non-technical internal stakeholders
- Has a positive attitude and thrives in fast-paced, interactive environment
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.