Social Media Coordinator
VERB is a digital marketing agency located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands — and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office – or wherever we happen to be working. We are passionate about exceeding expectations and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
VERB is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our team in the Halifax office for a 15 month contract (maternity leave), with the potential to extend into a permanent position.The Social Media Coordinator will support content strategists in the planning and developing of content for out clients. Do you enjoy staying up-to-date on social media trends, writing content for digital platforms, and engaging with others online? Do you want to help create awesome work for some of the most exciting brands in the global travel and luxury space?
Well, here’s your chance.
What You Will Do
- Plan, create, and share social and blog content
- Monitor client activity and relevant topics, and report on results
- Engage on clients’ behalf on social following established brand voice and tone guidelines and key messages
- Review and coordinate user-generated content
- Execute deliverables and communications for current client retainers
- Write POVs and briefs
- Participate in brainstorms
- Manage multiple deadlines and clients
- Experience in the marketing/advertising industry, agency is an asset
- Post-secondary education with a focus on advertising, marketing, journalism, communications, or business
- Highly organized and ability to function in a fast-paced business environment
- Proven experience developing and executing highly creative and effective social media content and campaigns
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Avid interest in implementing new tactics and harnessing the power of new tools
- Stays up-to-date and informed on the latest digital trends
Our benefits are anything but basic, with vacation time available on day 1 (not to mention an extra bonus week during the holidays), an annual travel credit (for non-work related travel), and free office snacks and drinks to keep you energized when you’re around.
In addition, we offer the following and are consistently looking for new ways to enhance the benefits we offer to our team:
- 100% premium share option for Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), with a health spending account to top up your claims
- A healthy living account
- Company matching RRSP program
- Top up for Parental/Pregnancy leave
- Remote and flexible work arrangements
- Transit and fitness discounts
- Recreational sports teams
- Learning and development opportunities with a multitude of resources
- Internal recognition programs