Social Media Marketing Lead – Sports
A little bit about us:
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class. We’re a global marketing service provider and we specialize in affiliate marketing & publishing. We’re a cohesive team of more than 160 skilled marketing & technology experts whose passions and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader.
We’re on a hyper-growth track to global success, while still maintaining the atmosphere of a small company. Challenge yourself wherever you are in your career and join us at the crossroads of innovation and results! If you’re looking for accelerated opportunities where you can feel empowered to grow, learn, and contribute, join us today.
Is this role right for you?
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager on the Sports Franchise Marketing Team, the Social Media Marketing Lead will have a major influence on the creation, management and execution of digital marketing focused social media strategy for a roster of agency sports-focused clients which includes a marquee North American igaming brand.
Success in this role will be measured by the ability of the Social Media Marketing Lead to create excellent user experiences unique to each platform and their ongoing commitment to building and nurturing communities who are engaged with client products. This role will also be responsible for a handful of community managers who will act as the hands-on practitioners for specific social media channels. The Social Media Marketing Lead will manage the schedules of each of these community managers and ensure they are empowered with the tools and information necessary to ensure maximum value for each channel in the portfolio.
What we want you to own in this role:
- Work alongside community managers to ensure they are set up for success and are provided with the tools necessary to build highly engaged communities;
- Guide community managers on content creation and community engagement best practices;
- Interpret social media trends and themes and provide recommendations to the business;
- Provide specialized expertise in the area of social media to achieve tactical level goals and objectives within the Marketing department;
- Provide recommendations on social media processes and supporting your team to achieve defined goals and objectives;
- Coordinate the social media schedules of team members, independent contractors, and external social media influencers;
- Act as a mentor to team members on a continuous basis to support in the performance of their day-to-day activities;
- Assist the Digital Marketing Team with competitive research, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification;
- Communicate with external stakeholders such as social media influencers to ensure the continuous sharing of social media content;
- Develop editorial calendars and syndication schedules that are consistent with the digital marketing strategy, brand identity, marketing roadmap, and sporting calendar;
- Set up and optimize community spaces within each platform to increase the visibility of the brand’s social content;
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community;
- Continuously improve the brand’s social media presence by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then bringing forward recommendations to act on the information;
- Collaborate with other departments (video, content, design, conversion, product, etc.) to manage brand reputation, identify key initiatives and coordinate actions;
- Assist in the development and management of social influencer programs and events;
- Prepare monthly reports on social media marketing efforts;
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as assisting with content creation, event coordination, logistics, and communication.
A little bit about you and your qualifications:
- Degree in Business Administration/Marketing or related field such as Adverting, PR, Media Studies, Journalism or another relevant field;
- 3+ years of Digital Marketing/Social Media Marketing experience;
- 1+ years in a leadership role;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail;
- A thorough understanding of social media management and strategy;
- Demonstrated ability to create and effectively delegate a strategy and quickly adapt when presented with challenges or obstacles;
- Strong interest and knowledge of sports, sports calendars and major events would be a considerable asset;
- Demonstrated experience with social analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, Data Studio, Rival IQ, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative suite, or other media creation applications;
- Strong time-management skills with a proven ability to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- Creative mindset, intellectually curious and interested in illuminating strategy in accessible, clever ways;
- Proactive, team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience managing employees, freelancers or volunteers is considered an asset.
What’s in it for you:
- Equipment you need to thrive in your role
- We invest in our employees through various career development programs
- Unlimited sick days, enhanced flexible work hours, and an annual fitness allowance
- 3 weeks annual vacation time, with extra vacation time accrued annually
- Full benefits from day 1 for you and your family– including 100% employer-paid coverage for Health and Dental benefits
- Generous Maternity Leave Top-Up program
- Group RSP with matching employer contributions
A beautiful waterfront view with an in-office gym, office bar, and whole lot more!
#Teamresulta is devoted to creating a safe work environment that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and expressions to apply!
More about us:
Our current obsession? Creating an inclusive workplace community that encourages innovative thinking and supports meaningful growth.
Our superpower? We don’t just hire top talent; we cultivate visionaries with entrepreneurial spirits and a ‘can-do’ attitude. We’re not just do-ers, we’re motivators, collaborators, and high performers who work hard, and play harder.
How do we conduct business? We put our people and culture above everything. We’re collaborators who are dedicated to the success and enrichment of our employees, and understand the importance of disconnecting, and balancing work with our personal lives.