Our customers range from small start-up companies to industry leaders looking for a non-proprietary storage solution. They work in various industries, from video surveillance, video post-production, health care, science, government, law enforcement, and cloud-based services. We work with some people cool customers including Linus Tech Tips, HBO, Google, Apple, Intel, Amazon, the US Navy and more!
Here at 45Drives we don’t follow the same legacy business models as other data server companies. In an industry where standard IT practices are strictly timed, automated, and impersonal – our team solves real enterprise level storage problems while putting our customers at the core of everything we do. We measure our success by the number of customers that come to us and walk away happy with one of our many storage solutions – and we like to have fun while we do it!
- Join a team that revolutionizes the server industry by offering open-source storage solutions
- Be responsible for completing the design of customer facing applications and software
- We believe in a team environment, so get ready to work with many different departments! (This doesn’t just mean meetings; we like to have fun after work too!)
- Be rewarded with a competitive salary and bonus structure, as well as great benefits, including medical, dental, pension plan and more.
- Live and work in a community with quick commutes, affordable homes, beautiful scenery, and friendly people.
Full disclosure, we work a little differently around here. This isn’t another job where you punch in and punch out, we come to work everyday because we wish to earn a living in a meaningful way.
We believe too many people exist without finding joy and meaning in their everyday jobs. We spend at least 1/3 of our lives working, so to do this and not be fulfilled or find purpose is just wrong. At Protocase we create workplaces where our people want to come to work in the morning and feel good when they go home at the end of the day. Does this sound like something you would like to be part of and help grow? It only exists and thrives because each of us contributes in our own way. We are extremely fortunate to have an amazing group of customers who first of all, appreciate what we do for them, secondly work on projects that are literally changing the world and thirdly…and most importantly, voluntarily choose to buy from us.
Our Ethical Guidelines
- Our Customers are #1
- Help Others Succeed
- Build and Maintain Functional Relationships with Everyone
- Openness, Honesty and Transparency
- Common Sense
About the Opportunity:
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Build maintainable code
- Work with existing open-source projects
- Develop customer facing architecture and features
- Ensure the functionality of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with front-end and back-end developers
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Have analytical and problem-solving skills
- Completion of relevant post-secondary program – new graduates will be considered
- Good understanding of Scripting languages. (Python, Bash)
- Good understanding of code versioning tools. (Git)
- Familiarity with developing for Linux Based Operating Systems. (RHEL, Ubuntu)
- 1 or more years of experience (Co-op/Internship time)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn new things and adopt new technology
- Ability to think on your feet and take initiative
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use good communication, and deliver
- results effectively
About the Benefits:
In exchange for your hard work and attention to following procedures diligently, you will have the potential to earn a complete annual compensation package that ranges between $50,000 and $70,000, dependent upon experience.
You will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Group Insurance Benefits, cost-shared YMCA membership and Pension Plan (RRSP and DPSP) after six months for full time employees
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation at five years)
- Regular social events including, learning lunches, golf tournaments and seasonal parties (when time permits)
- High earning potential, depending on sales performance
- Although our business is growing, our team remains supportive, inclusive and tight-knit. Continuous improvement has always underpinned our success and we actively foster an environment of open communication, creative collaboration and the sharing of ideas.