Location: Sydney, NS
Term: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Anticipated Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Number of Positions Available: One (1)
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc offers unique custom manufacturing to the engineering, design, and research industries by combining advanced manufacturing techniques with innovative software. Using the expertise and dedication of more than 350 employees, Protocase is proud to have a client base of over 16,000 customers throughout North America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, NASA, MIT and many more.
To learn more about the company, visit http://www.protocase.com.
- Join a company that has revolutionized custom manufacturing for engineers, designers and scientists all over the world.
- Join a company that has a positive workplace culture based on each of us contributing to our common goals while respecting and supporting each other.
- Be rewarded with a competitive compensation package with great benefits, including medical, dental, pension plan, and more.
- Live and work in Cape Breton, a wonderful community that has quick commutes, affordable homes on generous plots of land, beautiful scenery, and friendly people.
Full disclosure, we work a little differently around here. This isn’t another job where you punch in and punch out, we come to work everyday because we wish to earn a living in a meaningful way.
We believe too many people exist without finding joy and meaning in their everyday jobs. We spend at least 1/3 of our lives working, so to do this and not be fulfilled or find purpose is just wrong.
At Protocase we create workplaces where our people want to come to work in the morning and feel good when they go home at the end of the day. Does this sound like something you would like to be part of and help grow? It only exists and thrives because each of us contributes in our own way. We are extremely fortunate to have an amazing group of customers who first of all, appreciate what we do for them, secondly work on projects that are literally changing the world and thirdly…and most importantly, voluntarily choose to buy from us.
Our Ethical Guidelines
- Our Customers are #1
- Help Others Succeed
- Build and Maintain Functional Relationships with Everyone
- Openness, Honesty and Transparency
- Common Sense
- About The Opportunity
You are tenacious when it comes to goals and completing projects. You love writing software, and you love seeing what you create come to life, function, and make your users’ lives better, both by automation and improving information flow and presentation. You understand with deep clarity that if the end user isn’t actually using the software, then your work isn’t done.
Your duties will include:
- Developing new features and improving current features of the internal business software
- Working with internal stakeholders to solve complex problems
- Ensuring software applications are highly testable, maintainable, and scalable
- Candidates should have competency in Java and SQL, as well as an understanding of data structures and design patterns.
- A familiarity with test driven development and PHP would be an asset
- In order to succeed in this role, you must be a lifelong learner who cares deeply enough
- about your professional excellence and pushes yourself to learn things.
- Experience in C# and VBA
- Technical degree or diploma in Software Development (or related field), or 2+ years’ experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- You have a goal-oriented personality and love to make things work!
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong analytic skills and problem solving
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- CAD experience and/or mathematical ability would be considered assets but are not required
About the Benefits
Besides a total compensation package that ranges between $39,070 and $85,800, you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits at six months
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation at five years)
- Company Pension Plan at six months
- Cost-shared YMCA membership for you and your family at three months
- Regular social events and team lunches (when time permits)
- Although our business is growing, our team remains supportive, inclusive and tight-knit. Continuous improvement has always underpinned our success and we actively foster an environment of open communication, creative collaboration and the sharing of ideas.