Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What’s the Opportunity?
We are looking for a DataStage developer to strengthen our team. You will be joining a dynamic development team in the Risk IT. The ideal candidate will have a background in development using DataStage, worked on database modelling/development and will be knowledgeable and passionate about their work.
Apart from your technical knowledge and curiosity, your interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to articulate and enunciate complex concepts will be other strong assets that will help you succeed in this position.
Reporting to the Development Manager, this role will act as key member of team in building and maintain a cohesive unit across technology and business with a culture to meet and exceed expectations.
What will you do?
- Participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that help size stories and own, research and recommend new solutions
- Design, develop and test existing/new applications with an ownership of full delivery cycle.
- Write unit tests, mocks, participate in code reviews
- Design and implement functional tests, integration tests and automate based on ROI
- Mentor Junior team members and oversee their work
- Perform change management activities such as source code management, creating activity records for production implementation, creating implementation plans, etc.
- Effectively communicate with project team members, stakeholders and other IT teams such as application development, middleware and infrastructure teams.
What do you need to succeed?
- 2+ years of application design and development experience for ETL jobs in IBM DataStage.
- Strong Database application development / DB performance-tuning experience on any Database (TeraData /Sybase/Oracle or similar databases.).
- Strong Database modelling experience.
- Experience with Spark/Hive and Big Data
- Development experience in Cobol and have worked on Mainframe.
- Experience with DevOps set of practices. ( Github, CI/CD, automated deployment with tools like Jenkins and UCD )
- Developing reports on Tableau.
- Experience in writing JCLs on Zeke Scheduler.
- Hands on using python
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
RBC exige, à titre de condition d’emploi, que tous les candidats retenus aux États-Unis ou au Canada soient entièrement vaccinés contre la COVID-19 avant leur date d’entrée en fonction. Il est possible qu’ils aient à présenter une preuve vaccinale. Des mesures raisonnables d’adaptation sont offertes lorsque la loi l’exige
HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.