Software Developer (Halifax or Remote)
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger. We encourage and embrace applications from BIPOC, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
REDspace is a custom software development company. We build cutting-edge streaming platforms and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry for clients such as WarnerMedia, ViacomCBS, Sony, and IBM. Leveraging our extensive, world-class experience, we help transform other industries by integrating existing systems with consumer media innovations and emerging technologies such as video, voice, mobile, machine learning, and gaming tech.
We are looking for Software Developers to join our growing, cross-functional team.
To best serve our clients, our ideal candidates will stay on top of technology trends and look for innovative ways to approach every project—big or small. You’re a passionate, collaborative person who is eager to create cutting-edge solutions and take on any new opportunities to learn. With strong attention to detail, you’re always willing to go the extra mile to help our clients transform their business.
- 3+ years of web-based application development experience.
- Proficient at generating code in existing code bases and from scratch.
- Understanding of all or some of the following:
- Web architecture & web standards
- HTML5, CSS3, SCSS
- Experience with TypeScript
- Test & Behavior Driven Development Practices
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools and Processes
- Understanding of server-side languages (PHP, Go)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with NodeJS, Express
- Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Sprints & Kanban
- Source Code Management (Git, GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Node Ecosystem Build Tools (Webpack, Gulp, NPM)
- Integrating with REST API’s
- Familiarity with SQL and NOSQL style databases.
- Experience working with AWS
- Work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively with a team of developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- Passion for learning new technologies and a desire to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Taking pride and ownership of everything you’re assigned, seeing all tasks through to completion.
- Familiarity with open source content management systems (Drupal, WordPress)
Working at REDspace.
- One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team building events
- Charitable donation matching
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger.
Different backgrounds, talents, skills, experiences, and perspectives strengthen our business and the communities in which we work and live. We are committed to growing and cultivating an inclusive environment that enables knowledge sharing and collaboration—empowering our employees to be their best.
We hire based on merit and skill and make all employment-related and hiring decisions regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or indigenous origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, or Veteran status.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
This position is based out of our Bedford office OR has the opportunity to be remote. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note, only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.