Software Engineer – Java
Specific Job Description
Perform Software Engineering tasks in support of the Combat System Integrator (CSI) In Service Support (ISS) Team. The team is responsible for development of reliable and robust mission-critical software. The successful candidate will possess a strong ability to design, develop, document, debug, and test software and will excel in a collaborative agile team environment.
Specific duties include the following:
- Debug and implement software corrections
- Problem Solving
- Requirements Analysis
- Detailed Design
- Software Development in both C++ and Java
- Unit testing and documentation
- Working in an agile team environment (Scrum)
Employee Type: Full Time
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
Clearance required for role: Nato Secret
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or a diploma from a community college or a computer institute, in computer science, electrical engineering, software engineering or a related field
- Working experience with Java
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of the agile software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles and design patterns
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience with development tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, JUnit, Gradle, Docker, Subversion
- Ability to follow disciplined coding standards and practices.
- Unit Testing
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Automated Testing
Workplace Vaccination Policy
Lockheed Martin Canada is committed to lead and support efforts to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, partners and customers. Our Workplace Vaccination policy provides direction on our approach to managing COVID-19 and that policy will likely evolve as conditions and legal requirements change. At this time, all current and future employees of Lockheed Martin Canada who work on certain federal government sites must be fully vaccinated. We are also asking all employees to voluntarily submit their current vaccine status.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.