Software Quality Engineer
What is the Opportunity
The RBC Team is hiring for Quality Engineer role within Risk IT Team. As a Quality Engineer you provide support for a suite of business mission-critical and complex applications, understanding both front and back-end of the applications. The technology platform spans the breadth of Windows and Linux platforms, Python / Java environments and MS SQL and Oracle platforms
What will you do?
- Create test plans, test cases and test scripts based on complex requirement documents and business User Stories
- Develop and maintain automated test suites using test automation tools
- Execute test cases (manual/automated) document test results and raise defects whenever necessary.
- Be responsible for component or end-to-end tracking of issues, as required
- Work with JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM, qTest for test case management, defect management, test reporting and other functions
- Participate in defect triage and Scrum meetings
- Test new technologies and system functionality to ensure business acceptance, user acceptance and system integration
- Effectively collaborate with team members, stakeholders and business partners from initiation to close by using strong communication, rapport building and other stakeholder management techniques
- Continually enhance your own skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems.
What do you need to succeed?
- Good knowledge of QE Processes, Testing Life Cycle, SDLC and Defect Management processes for application testing, development and support
- Knowledge of Testing Methodologies and Design techniques with hands on experience on ALM, JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong problem solving, design, and analytical skills and out of the box thinking coming up with creative solutions on testing approach in critical timelines.
- Experience in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools e.g., (Robot Framework, SoapUI, Postman, Selenium, JMeter, UFT/Lean UFT/RestAssured/, TestNG) and script development using scripting languages (e.g.Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Knowledge of CI/CD and Devops Tools such as Jenkins, GIT, Docker, UCD etc
- Experience working with various databases such as SQL Server, Oracle etc using SQL involving joins, conditions, aggregate clauses etc
- Knowledge of industry practices with focus on Agile, DevOps, environments and test integration.
- Hands-on experience in developing testing strategies, executing manual/automated test cases and reporting to senior management for complex multi-application system integrations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a QA/test environment with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments (cloud, distributed and mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases).
- Excellent communication skills and effective negotiation skills.
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent experience
- QA related certification. E.g. ISTQB, Agile testing, Mobile Testing etc.
- Experience with Iterative Waterfall and Agile Project Methodologies.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement