Software Test Engineer
GSTS is a leading-edge Artificial Intelligence company developing solutions for the maritime sector. Our solutions process large volumes of satellite and terrestrial data in real time to provide decision-making intelligence to save lives, energy, and the environment. We turn abstract data into concrete, usable information.
GSTS seeks exceptional talent to support recently awarded contracts, ongoing projects and company growth, and to continue the development and commercialization of the OCIANA™ platform, this capability will have a major impact on maritime risk and vessel efficiency on a global scale. We seek individuals with drive, initiative and motivation to join our team and make the world a safer, greener place for all.
- User level testing to ensure software delivered meets the specification and is free from errors
- Create test plans and test cases based on software specification, performance, and regression requirements
- Develop clear and concise test and user documentation
- Communicate with developers to improve quality of software and process
- Execute functional, performance, and regression test cases and track defects accordingly
- Assist in deployment verification to production environments
- Help in the development and maintenance of test procedures
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum two years commercial experience in a software role or equivalent
- Ability to identify, analyze and recommend alternatives and resolve complex testing problems
- Solid understanding of QA, QC, SDLC, STLC best/proven practices in Software Testing and Risk Based Testing
- Attention to detail and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a fast-paced team environment
Additional Experience and Qualifications an asset: Experience and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with open-source and testing tools/frameworks, including: NodeJS, Jest, Cypress, Selenium, Puppeteer, REST APIs, PostgreSQL and Linux toolchain
- Working experience with version Control (Gitlab, GIT, etc.)
- Marine domain knowledge
Candidates must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada or a citizen of a NATO country and hold or be eligible to obtain a Government Security Clearance. Candidates must be willing to obtain a criminal background check for you they will be fully reimbursed.
Why work for us?
We are committed to creating a sense of belonging amongst our team. We have placed an emphasis on fostering a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from qualified candidates irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
We thank all candidates that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: GSTS is committed to providing a safe and comfortable working environment. The GSTS offices have been expanded to support working and collaborating in a safe social-distanced environment.