We are looking for someone to join a small, flexible team of IT professionals. Can you find that balance of supporting and maintaining older infrastructure components, as well as lead the charge in implementing new solutions? Are you a jack of all trades, and do you get excited working with hardware, server infrastructure, as well as supporting and working with various business software systems? Do you work well with a team, but can break off on your own when required? If so, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Ideally the successful candidate would work out of our Amherst, NS manufacturing facility, but consideration will be given to folks living in the Halifax region who are able to travel to the Amherst manufacturing plant when required. Supporting and working with systems and people remotely will be just as important either way.
- Maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Perform desktop and help desk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Provide input for planning future IT systems and upgrades for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Provide support for users within the Microsoft Office 365 Framework of Products (Dynamics, SharePoint, Teams, Power Automate)
Ideally you will have the following skills and extensive experience with the following:
- Windows and Linux Server Administration / Hyper-V/Virtualization
- Office 365 administration, including Active Directory, and Azure Server Administration
- TCP/IP Networking, including VPN Management
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of IPsec Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels (bonus points for experience working with SonicWALL and Cisco ASA firewalls)
- Veeam Backup Software / Azure Site Recovery backup and recovery solutions
- Strong SQL knowledge, both using and working with data from SQL data sources, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server
Because we are a small team, working knowledge of the following will eventually be required, and previous experience would put you over the top:
- Supporting Dynamics 365 including CRM, Sales Enterprise, Customer Engagement, Marketing, and Business Central
- Sound ERP Systems support (bonus points for experience with SYSPRO ERP Applications);
- Experience working with, and creating new custom apps, lists, and libraries using Dynamics 365, MS Teams, and / or SharePoint 365
- Developing and implementing and maintaining flows in PowerApps
- ASP.NET, C# Web Development
Successful candidate will have the following traits:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both oral and written.
- Proven track record of effectively coordinating multiple projects.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience working with both business and technical audiences;
- Willingness to provide on-call support
- Drivers License (mandatory), willing and able to travel between Halifax and Amherst locations (within Nova Scotia)
- Strong report development skills – specifically the ability to effectively confirm requirements, understand data models and build accurate and effective queries and reports;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills: the ability to communicate with end users to determine details of issue being experienced, and to clearly define request requirements
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, unfortunately we cannot consider your application at this time.
All qualified applications should include a cover letter, resume, and at least 2 references – and email this package to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now