Specific Job Description
The Naval Programs team spans across Lockheed Martin Canada’s main project sites (Kanata, Montreal, Dartmouth), opportunities are available at all sites for supporting Naval Combat Systems Programs and Proposal Capture activities.
The candidate will participate as a Systems Engineering member of the Naval Development team in a multi-disciplined team environment working on the total engineering life cycle from specification, design, development, integration and test, deployment, maintenance and field trouble shooting for large scale high complexity naval platform systems.
Specific CSC duties will include:
- Coordination and development of System Maturation activities and associated documentation:
- System maturation planning and coordination
- System integration planning and coordination
- Customer coordination and planning
- Vendor and partner coordination and planning
The candidate will participate in engineering activities including but not limited to:
- Collaborating on system design activities with senior systems engineering and other engineering staff, including supporting technical reviews
- Supporting requirements analysis
- Supporting trade studies
- Reviewing requirements, requirements allocation and trade studies
- Performing system modelling and design, including Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Defining and tracking of Technical Performance Metrics (TPMs)
- System architecture and design
- Design documentation
- Following systems engineering processes and best practices.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 115,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,300 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
Clearance required for role: Nato Secret
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Possess a Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university in software, hardware, systems, mechanical, electrical or electronics engineering or a related discipline.
2-5 years of relevant professional experience
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Have a high learning ability
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with Software, Systems, Hardware or Maintenance engineering lifecycles
- Familiarity with SysML or other object-oriented design methodology
- Familiarity with DOORS, Cameo, Clearcase, Clearquest or Windchill
- Experience with Agile methods
- Experience with Military Naval domain
- Experience with Sensors, Weapons or Ship integration
- Experience with Change Management, Requirements Management, Test and trials, Security, Safety, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)/ Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) or Environmental Qualification