Technical Business Systems Analyst
Under the direction of the HR Integrated Support Team in IT, the Intermediate Technical Business Systems Analyst is accountable for supporting, maintaining, and evolving enterprise level computer systems to meet established customer service levels and maintain IT Operations best practices
The Technical Business Systems Analyst needs to have the technical ability to support our ERP applications and bring an understanding of application related business processes. The position is responsible for day-to-day application support with a strong focus on PeopleSoft HCM, Payroll for North America and Time and Labour:
• Troubleshoot and resolve application incidents following standard Incident Management procedures;
• Assess, prioritize, and complete application requests in a timely and quality manner following standard Request Management procedures;
• Manage application support issues, requests, and associated customer communications proactively to completion using standard tracking tools;
• Manage and execute application changes using standard Change Management methodologies;
• Perform proactive application error and health monitoring;
• Support and enforce corporate application security policies and procedures;
• Perform audit controls and reporting related to application access and usage;
• Effectively self–manage and re-prioritize work to balance resolution of incidents, request fulfillment, and project work to ensure highest priority issues are addressed and deadlines are met;
• Interact with vendors to resolve application incidents and problems, and research information;
• Work collaboratively and maintain relationships with business partners, system users, peers, and vendors;
• Satisfy customer reporting requests through customer education of system functionality or development and execution of reporting, as appropriate;
• Answer customer questions regarding application usage;
• Provide after-hours support by participating in an on-call rotation with the ERP technical support team;
• Complete application system administration requests in a timely and quality manner;
• Recognize and identify potential areas where existing business policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, and make recommendations;
• Ensure effective use of application security and controls by communicating application policies, procedures, and practices to the application users.
You will be responsible for personal safety and that of co-workers by observing and ensuring compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations. You will be accountable for environmental performance as it relates to the environmental management system processes and initiatives.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a University degree or diploma in a computer related discipline and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in technical client facing support roles with PeopleSoft HCM. An understanding and experience utilizing best practice information technology incident and request management processes is essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with PeopleSoft Query Manager
- Experience with SQR reporting
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with PeopleSoft Application Designer and Application Engine Programing
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong report development skills – specifically the ability to effectively confirm requirements, understand data models and build accurate and effective queries and reports;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills: the ability to communicate with end users to determine details of issues being experienced, and to clearly define request requirements;
- Ability to understand and bring experience utilizing information technology incident and request management processes and systems.
- The following would be an asset:
• ITIL Foundations training;
• Experience performing proactive IT audit controls;
• Working knowledge and experience with access security and controls;
• Experience satisfying internal and external audit requests for information and evidence;
At Nova Scotia Power, our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. As the ideal candidate for this position, you speak up on health, safety, and environment issues, and demonstrate a belief that all injuries are preventable.
You support flexibility in the workplace and embrace change. A Technical Business Systems Analyst builds strong collaborative relationships with a commitment to a respectful, inclusive, and productive work environment while demonstrating integrity and a commitment to operational excellence for our customers. Lastly, we encourage you to proactively ask questions and seek information to understand how your work relates to the business goals and make well informed decisions.
In accordance with Emera’s occupational health and safety program and the Emera Vaccine Program, subject to any approved accommodation, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, “fully vaccinated” means having the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
At Nova Scotia Power, our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. As the ideal candidate for this position you speak up on health, safety and environment issues, and demonstrate a belief that all injuries are preventable. You support flexibility in the workplace and embrace change. You build strong collaborative relationships with a commitment to a respectful, inclusive and productive work environment while demonstrating integrity and a commitment to operational excellence for our customers. Lastly, we encourage you to proactively ask questions and seek information to understand how your work relates to the business goals and make well informed decisions.