Technical Product Manager
For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world’s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
The Product Management team is responsible for executing product strategy, prioritizing and aligning roadmaps, and for researching and defining enhancements and upgrades to Global Relay services. They ensure our services solve important and urgent market problems.
Global Relay requires an experienced Technical Product Manager (“TPM”) to assume ownership of specific components / features of Global Relay’s Common Platform. They work closely with their agile team(s), other TPMs, and the broader Product Management team to deliver on the product roadmap, driving new products and features through the development process.
Working with the Product Management team, the TPM will define detailed business requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria for specific features, and collaborate with their Team Leads, Architects, and UI/UX to ensure high quality designs are produced. TPMs will also attend daily stand-ups, groom their team’s backlog, plan sprints, accept completed stories, monitor progress, report status, and be involved in key release activities including documentation and training.
Working in a dynamic team environment, the TPM is responsible for:
- Owning the up and down responsibility for the delivery of their component / feature
- Collaborating with senior product management, sales, support, clients, and other TPMs to produce and manage their component’s backlog and contribute to the product roadmap
- Translating product roadmap initiatives and feature requests into models, workflow diagrams, epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, and other suitable artifacts
- Collaborating with other TPMs, Architects, UI/UX, and Team Leads to drive requirements through the design phase
- Identifying and coordinating cross-component dependencies throughout the development process
Working with Product Management, Development, and other departments to actively remove obstacles blocking progress and ensuring program is within schedule
- Prioritizing and grooming their team(s) backlog
- Attending daily stand-ups with your Product Manager and other TPMs in your product team
- Attending daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives and other team meetings with your Agile team(s)
- Sharing Scrum Mastering duties with other members of your team
- Creating work estimates, tracking progress, and reporting status in the form of burn up/down charts and dashboards
- Supporting Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Provisioning, Professional Services, Technical Documentation, Training, and Technical Support throughout the release process with training, documentation, announcements, and other release activities
- Understanding the design, business logic, and technical architecture of their platform components and how those components interact with the rest of the platform
- Serving as the primary product expert (functional, not technical) for the components for which you are responsible
- You might hold a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
- You have a number of years of experience as a technical program/product manager or product owner
- You likely have experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- You communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
Nice to Have:
- Experience as a software developer/engineer
- Working knowledge of Cloud Computing and Microservices technologies and concepts such as Kubernetes, Object Storage, Pub/Sub Messaging, and CI/CD
- Experience working with reporting tools
- Experience with a SaaS, messaging or enterprise software company
- Experience delivering projects using java, open source, big data technologies (distributed storage, computation, search, queue, etc.)
- Experience drive cross-team initiatives and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization
- Strong requirement elicitation, analysis, domain modelling, use case modeling, workflow design, and documentation skills
- Experience planning, monitoring, and reporting on project status for multiple initiatives/teams
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.