Technical Support – Messaging Specialist
For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world’s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
As a valued member of our 24×7 customer-facing team, you will be on the front line helping us deliver an outstanding customer experience through your knowledge, charisma, and dedication. Your primary role will be to ensure that our customer’s satisfaction rate is always at 100%, that their requests and issues are handled quickly and professionally, and that they are able to use our products effectively.
As our customer’s first point of contact, you’ll champion their needs and ensure they have the best possible experience. You will also spend time working with our product development teams to share customer feedback and insights, as well as test new features before release to help us build the best products for our customers.
This role offers the chance to work in a collaborative and curious, open environment where you are given the opportunity to innovate and grow.
If you enjoy learning new things, getting to the bottom of technical issues, sifting around log files, configuring software, or troubleshooting in-house solutions, this opportunity is for you!
- Provide first-class customer service for Global Relay’s Unified Communications customers by handling customer calls & emails, identifying their needs, answering inquiries, and following up with customers on service issues
- Log and track calls and cases using our in-house CRM solution while maintaining detailed documentation of all interactions with the customer throughout the lifecycle of the request/issue
- Document and report your observations to your Lead in order to better improve the customer experience and help us understand customer trends
- Engage with internal teams to drive sales and development, resolve issues and major incident activities, and handle all customer facing communications to set clear expectations to closure
- Capture, reuse, and share knowledge using our in-house solutions, and contribute to the learning and success of your team and the company through collaboration and documentation
- Work closely with product development and QA teams to test new features, fix bugs, and surface meaningful customer feedback before releases
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a Helpdesk, Service Desk, or similar type of customer service or customer facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; you enjoy crafting clear and concise messages to customers
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solution driven with a keen ability to listen to concerns, assess situations, and respond appropriately
- Technical knowledge and experience in different operating systems and infrastructures
- Working knowledge of IT troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory, SCIM/Identity Management, MFA, and SSO
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion with confidential information
- Adaptive with a strong willingness to learn while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems and solutions to a diverse audience of end users at all levels of proficiency
- Curious about technology with a solid understanding of the impact to business when something in software goes wrong
- Empathetic and patient, with the desire and ability to go above and beyond for the cause
- Resourceful, flexible, and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, JIRA, and Confluence is an asset
- One or more years of experience supporting Instant Messaging platforms on different operating systems (Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android) and SaaS implementations is an asset
- One or more years of experience in integrated SMS and VoIP systems is an asset
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.