User Experience Designer (UX)
VERB is a digital marketing agency located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office– or wherever we happen to be working from. We are passionate about exceeding expectations and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
VERB is looking for a motivated UX Designer to join our Creative team!
UX Designers at VERB conduct research and competitive analysis, design information architectures, create wireframes and prototypes, and conduct user research studies. You are part marketer, part designer and part project manager. You thrive on planning your own work against deadlines and delivering UX design work with minimal oversight. You have a keen eye for detail and a passion for critical thinking and innovation. But, above all, you are client-centric and know how to interpret insights and integrate them with our clients vision.
What You Will Do
- Work with a team of designers, developers, writers and producers to understand project requirements and create concepts that help define the best possible experience, while supporting business objectives
- Connect business goals to client needs through research, concept creation, wireframes, defining user flows and production of information architecture.
- Prepare UX documentation to be used by other members of the team
- Leverage user/consumer insight, analytics, best practices, competitor analysis to help guide project decisions
- Apply your knowledge of industry trends, competitive activity, and comparable experiences to your projects and share with the team to help drive internal standards and the best possible user experiences for our clients
- Identify and implement opportunities to refine the UX process
- 2+ years of experience in a generalized UX role or equivalent
- Highly organized with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team environment and handle client relations
- Demonstrated understanding of user experience research and design techniques and leveraging in the development process
- Strong understanding of how to leverage data to make informed decisions
- Knowledge and experience in Google Analytics, Page Sense, Clarity, or equivalent tools
- Proficiency with information architecture, design and prototyping tools, spreadsheet design tools, and collaboration applications such as Axure, Slickplan, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve complex problems, using analysis, creative thinking, and input from others to improve processes, and develop effective client-centric strategies
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS and responsive design
- Knowledge of web accessibility principles and W3C guidelines
Our benefits are anything but basic, with vacation time available on day one (not to mention an extra bonus week during the holidays), an annual travel credit (for non-work related travel), and free office snacks and drinks to keep you energized when you’re around.
In addition, we offer the following and are consistently looking for new ways to enhance the benefits we offer to our team:
- 100% premium share option for Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), with a health spending account to top up your claims
- A healthy living account
- Company matching RRSP program
- Top up for Parental/Pregnancy leave
- Remote and flexible work arrangements
- Transit and fitness discounts
- Recreational sports teams
- Learning and development opportunities with a multitude of resources
- Internal recognition programs