- Design new custom Shopify website themes for our ecommerce clients
- Create wireframes, UI components, style guides, and related project deliverables to address business requirements
- Collaborate with the team and lead art direction, concept development and execution
- Contribute to vision, direction, execution, presentation, and delivery on a range of projects
- Support ongoing engagements with additional design needs
- Testing to identify UX/UI and layout bugs in collaboration with the project delivery team
- Incorporate custom user experiences such as 3D + AR
- Participate in scoping, client meetings, and project meetings to support the project leader and delivery team
COVID-19 Working Conditions
Our office is located in downtown Halifax, but we are temporarily operating as a fully remote team to help keep everyone safe. When it is safe to reopen the office, you will have the option to work at the office, remotely, or a combination.
- Solid knowledge of design principles and best practices
- Understanding of fundamental visual design principles such as typography, composition, colour theory, and layout
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates the versatility and a broad range of design knowledge and skills across various mediums
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools: Sketch, InVision, Google Suite etc.
- Self-motivated, communicative, ability to work with limited supervision in a small-team environment
- Estimate time required to complete tasks
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related degree
- Experience: 3+ yrs of work experience at an agency or design studio
About Able Sense
Able Sense is an innovative e-commerce studio specializing in Shopify and Shopify Plus strategies and custom implementations for businesses around the globe, from Halifax, Nova Scotia. They offer a full suite of strategy, brand, design, development, integrations and measurement services to their clients, including support for marketing and product management. After establishing or transforming e-commerce operations, Able Sense can assist further with brand evolution, customer experience design and product packaging design.
Able Sense develops custom apps tailor-made for their clients’ needs, and have e-commerce apps available in the Shopify App Store. Their e-commerce Action Plan is a detailed strategy for your business and the starting point for all of their Shopify implementations. They work with you to give you purpose and clarity: to set goals, define your audience and design the architecture of your new website, always thinking of your customers first.