We are hiring an Ecommerce UX/UI Designer with 3 to 5+ years of agency experience to help create new Shopify websites for our clients in North America. The successful candidate will bring expertise in typography, composition, colour theory, and layout – while embracing modern web standards and performance. This role is a critical part of our multi-disciplinary project team. If this sounds like the opportunity for experience and growth you are looking for, please get in touch; we’d love to hear from you.
This is a salaried full-time position. Experience working with Shopify is not required, but you must be able to demonstrate ability in modern website design. This can be ecommerce website designs built on other platforms, or other modern consumer-facing websites in the past 12 months. We will consider candidates interested in relocating to Halifax, Nova Scotia – and remote work within Canada.
Able Sense is an ecommerce implementation and growth partner, helping merchants grow with Shopify Plus. We are a fully-integrated team offering:
- Ecommerce strategy and action plans
- Multi-channel Shopify implementations
- Custom Shopify app development
- Web design and development for Shopify ecommerce
- Shopify POS setup
- Website and content optimization
- Salary based on experience
- 15 vacation days plus 13 stat holidays
- 4 extra-long weekends
- Employer sponsored life, disability, health, and dental plan
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting clients focused on growth
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office in Halifax
- A team of smart, hard-working people who know how to have fun too
- Quarterly Shopify meetups where you will have an opportunity to present
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Design new custom Shopify website themes for our ecommerce clients
- Create wireframes, UI components, style guides, and related project deliverables to address business requirements
- Collaborate with the team and lead art direction, concept development and execution
- Contribute to vision, direction, execution, presentation, and delivery on a range of projects
- Support ongoing engagements with additional design needs
- Testing to identify UX/UI and layout bugs in collaboration with the project delivery team
- Incorporate custom user experiences such as: 3D + AR
- Participate in scoping, client meetings, and project meetings to support the project leader and delivery team
COVID-19 Working Conditions
Our office is located in downtown Halifax, but we are temporarily operating as a fully remote team to help keep everyone safe. When it is safe to reopen the office, you will have the option to work at the office, remotely, or a combination.
- Solid knowledge of design principles and best practices
- Understanding of fundamental visual design principles such as typography, composition, colour theory, and layout
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates versatility and a broad range of design knowledge and skills across various mediums
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools: Sketch, InVision, Google Suite etc.
- Self-motivated, communicative, ability to work with limited supervision in a small-team environment
- Estimate time required to complete tasks
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related degree
- Experience: 3+ yrs of work experience at an agency or design studio
Your application should include a portfolio of websites you designed for clients, that are live today. We want to see the culmination of your design skills and experience as part of a team that delivers finished projects for clients.
About Able Sense
Able Sense is an innovative e-commerce studio specializing in Shopify and Shopify Plus strategies and custom implementations for businesses around the globe, from Halifax, Nova Scotia. They offer a full suite of strategy, brand, design, development, integrations and measurement services to their clients, including support for marketing and product management. After establishing or transforming e-commerce operations, Able Sense can assist further with brand evolution, customer experience design and product packaging design.
Able Sense develops custom apps tailor-made for their clients’ needs, and have e-commerce apps available in the Shopify App Store. Their e-commerce Action Plan is a detailed strategy for your business and the starting point for all of their Shopify implementations. They work with you to give you purpose and clarity: to set goals, define your audience and design the architecture of your new website, always thinking of your customers first.