The Network Engineer supports robust and secure network systems at ABM and the other internal companies while implementing best practices with a focus on data access and security. This is an intermediate to senior level role that requires extensive experience and proven problem-solving skills with implementing network configurations, performance issues, network monitoring and configuring of security systems such as firewalls.
Key Duties and Requirements:
- Strong process and business skills within an IT service-based environment
- Superior troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with WAN technologies such as MPLS, LAN Extensions and IPSEC tunnelling
- Strong overall knowledge of data center and WAN environments
- Extensive experience configuring and managing network equipment and connectivity such as firewalls, switches/routers, VPN, VoIP, data and Wi-Fi.
- Specifically, FortiGate, SonicWall, & Aruba
- Experience and/or knowledge of dynamic routing, OSPF, BGP
- Experience and/or knowledge with network redundancy, High Availability, and failover methodologies
- Must be a proactive, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask as part of a dynamic services team
- Strong service delivery and relationship management skills
- Must have the ability to effectively resolve Incidents, propose and complete problem remediation and operate in a cross-functional team-oriented environment
- Overtime and on-call work as required. May occasionally be required to work extended hours to support project work and external clients
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or degree from a post-secondary institution with a concentration in Information Technology & Networking, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years operational experience with network technology support, TCP/IP, VPN, Switches, Routing/ Routers, Firewall technologies
- Experience managing to Service Level Agreements
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with cloud-based solutions is desirable
- Operational support in a 24×7 environment.
- Change, Incident, and Problem Management
- Hands-on configuration experience working with security appliances (Firewalls, IDS, VPN appliances, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, etc.)
- Experience providing network support to internal operations and external client systems.
- Current Network Certifications would be considered a strong asset
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage internal/external applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About ABM Integrated Solutions
ABM Integrated Solutions (ABM) was created over 30 years ago with the belief that they could deliver complex business solutions and superior customer service while holding true to their values – teamwork, innovation, fiscal responsibility and a passion for service excellence. While they have grown beyond their original borders and they continue to build their business, they have held true to their values.
With points of presence and clients across North America, ABM continues its proud tradition of delivering a track record of accomplishments in many industry sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance and Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Their go-to-market strategy includes direct to customer and wholesale, supported by leading Service Desk and Field Support services.
ABM is part of a large conglomerate called Atlantic Corporation Limited (ACL). The President and founder is Joe Shannon. ACL is a privately-owned Nova Scotia company with commercial interests in multiple sectors employing over 6000 staff. They are a financially sound company with the capability to invest and grow quickly to respond to the needs of their clients.