The Project Manager will be accountable for managing the efficient execution of IT projects both internal and for external customers. The Project Manager will work closely with client teams and with ABM internal teams to ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest quality.
- Coordinate internal resources and third-party contractors/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within the scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Management of resource availability and allocation.
- Translate statements of work (SOW) and other requirements documents into detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Engage with Stakeholders to clarify specific requirements as required.
- Delegate project tasks based on resource skill, experience, and availability.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop summarized project plans and status reports to be shared with Stakeholders as well as other staff members.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and evaluation skills.
- Proven technical expertise with leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Articulate, personable, professional, and collaborative
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Education & Experience:
- University degree in business, the management or a related discipline combined with a minimum five years related experience.
- PMP or CAPM Certification would be considered an asset.
- Experience in managing various types of Information Technology (IT) projects (e.g., enterprise, data, application, technology, security), while coordinating with/reporting to key stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking abilities, proactive solution development and exceptional team leadership skills to deliver results in a complex and consultative environment.
- Experience in facilitating/assisting with requirements gathering and translating business requirements into business outcomes.
- Experience in managing multiple projects (or sub-projects) concurrently.
- Experience in MS Project, PowerPoint, and other office products.
- Experience using interpersonal skills for negotiations and effective consensus-building.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage internal/external applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About ABM Integrated Solutions
ABM Integrated Solutions (ABM) was created over 30 years ago with the belief that they could deliver complex business solutions and superior customer service while holding true to their values – teamwork, innovation, fiscal responsibility and a passion for service excellence. While they have grown beyond their original borders and they continue to build their business, they have held true to their values.
With points of presence and clients across North America, ABM continues its proud tradition of delivering a track record of accomplishments in many industry sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance and Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Their go-to-market strategy includes direct to customer and wholesale, supported by leading Service Desk and Field Support services.
ABM is part of a large conglomerate called Atlantic Corporation Limited (ACL). The President and founder is Joe Shannon. ACL is a privately-owned Nova Scotia company with commercial interests in multiple sectors employing over 6000 staff. They are a financially sound company with the capability to invest and grow quickly to respond to the needs of their clients.