ABM Integrated Solutions is looking for a Systems Engineer to provide operational systems support to internal and external customer environments, mainly focusing on technologies including Virtualization, Storage, MS SQL Server, and Citrix expertise. This role requires experience and competency to plan, design, develop and launch efficient information systems and operations systems in support of core organizational functions. This individual will also apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Perform hands-on management and support of highly available Microsoft based network environments including; Active Directory, SQL Server, and
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues adhering to established processes and procedures
- Accurately maintain end-user documentation and incident tickets
- Provide regular communication and follow up to customer’s and end-users
- Ownership of Incidents within defined SLA’s
- Operational systems support including break-fix responsibilities as well as proactive maintenance activities
- Provide escalation assistance to other levels of support and customers
- Lead planning, design, development, and launch of information systems in support of core organizational functions
- Other duties as required
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, or management information systems, and 5+ years related work experience
- Completion of relevant industry certifications is considered an asset
- At least 5 years of direct experience in a systems support/administrator role supporting highly available environments
- Extensive experience with virtualization platforms (VMWare, Hypervisor, etc.)
- Experience with hyper-converged platforms (SimpliVity / Nutanix)
- Expertise with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016/2019, MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Active Directory, Windows clients, and
- Mobile Device Management applications
- Extensive experience with core software and database applications including MS Exchange, MS SQL, and Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Solid knowledge of Network Protocols, DNS, DHCP, Windows PowerShell Scripting is a must
- Experience with troubleshooting & resolving complex technical problems writes reports and creates documentation processes and procedures is required
- Experience with open-source platforms such as Linux and an advanced understanding of IT networking standards are considered strong assets in this role
- Strong working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage internal/external applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About ABM Integrated Solutions
ABM Integrated Solutions (ABM) was created over 30 years ago with the belief that they could deliver complex business solutions and superior customer service while holding true to their values – teamwork, innovation, fiscal responsibility and a passion for service excellence. While they have grown beyond their original borders and they continue to build their business, they have held true to their values.
With points of presence and clients across North America, ABM continues its proud tradition of delivering a track record of accomplishments in many industry sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance and Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Their go-to-market strategy includes direct to customer and wholesale, supported by leading Service Desk and Field Support services.
ABM is part of a large conglomerate called Atlantic Corporation Limited (ACL). The President and founder is Joe Shannon. ACL is a privately-owned Nova Scotia company with commercial interests in multiple sectors employing over 6000 staff. They are a financially sound company with the capability to invest and grow quickly to respond to the needs of their clients.