What is the opportunity?
The Development Lead for Risk IT will partners across IT and with assigned Risk and Capital business line(s) to assess business, technical and system needs, managing related systems development and support activities, leading a dynamic team of developers and ensuring that systems are supported to the customers’ satisfaction and overall system roadmap.
The ideal candidate will have a robust background in big data technologies, software development life cycle and vast experience as a developer manager.
Reporting to the Director, Credit and Capital Application Technology in the Toronto office, the role will be part of a large cross-divisional and transformational program with multiple applications with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties.
What will you do?
Work with Business, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers and Quality Assurance on solution design and system implementation/integration
Set reasonable timelines for development activities and manages resources effectively to achieve deadlines, working closely with project managers identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies to ensure project success.
Manage all aspects of code development and unit testing, ensuring all tasks are properly performed, and building technical competence and relevant business knowledge on the team
Are responsive to urgent requests and production incidents.
Sets technical direction for all development, maintenance and architecture initiatives ensuring adherence to overall IT architectural direction and establishing robust solution designs, functioning as in-house consultant/expert for resolution of complex technical issues.
What do you need to succeed?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience as a team lead
- 7+ years of experience with distributed systems development
- Professional with experience on large projects/programs with multiple applications with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong knowledge of big data implementation technology: Spark, Python, Hadoop, Scala, Containers, Airflow, Kubernets
- Agile implementation
Nice to have
- Knowledge of credit risk and capital calculation
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 120 Western Pkwy, Bedford
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/31/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 407957
About RBC Financial Group
We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.