About the job
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to seek a Software Application Developer to effectively contribute to the design, implementation, and testing of the software’s user interface. This role requires responsibilities such as UI mock-up, implementation, verification testing, documentation, and user testing. This is a 2-3-month contract with possible extension. This role is in Halifax but can be done remotely.
- Contribute effectively to the design, implementation, and testing of the software’s user interface
- Take an integral role in the software team with a diverse set of responsibilities that includes UI mock-up, implementation, verification testing, documentation, and user testing
- Play a vital role in communicating with users and will use their feedback to refine the user experience for the best possible functionality and user satisfaction
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of work experience in UI/UX development
- Experience with C++, and Python
- Familiarity with AWS/cloud storage technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational database design in MySQL and/or SQLite
- Experience creating and modifying resources necessary for UI/UX experience
- Test-driven development methodologies
- SOLID principles and Design Patterns
- Object-oriented design
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Manuela Gongora, Recruiter, Aplin Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.
About Archway IT, a Division of David Aplin Group
Archway IT, a Division of David Aplin Group, has maintained its core competency from day one.
14 years ago Jim Garland sold his shares in an International Tech Firm, and formed Archway Search Consultants.
“We ran our firm with one goal - and that was to treat our employees and contractors as well as we treat our best client”, Garland says. “I am proud to say that to this day , we have maintained that CORE and respect it”.
In 2014, Jim Garland and Jeff Aplin met and talked about a potential partnership of some form. Both owners were keen on exploring the opportunity as each had complementary values and ambitions. In 2015 the merger was official, and Archway became known as Archway IT, a division of David Aplin Group.
“We still maintain our edge of providing the best contracting and full time services for IT resources in Atlantic Canada, and we still have the largest IT division in Atlantic Canada. The only difference now is that we have the backing of one of Canada’s finest and largest recruiting firms, and have the experience and reach that covers every Province in Canada”, adds Garland.
Archway/Aplin, utilizes the IT resources of the combined companies. This really helps in today’s driving need for the best IT talent in this competitive and ever changing national market – more so than ever before seen in Garland’s 25 years of experience. “We are proud to stay true to our CORE and look forward to working with Digital Nova Scotia and introducing our team to the family of companies within Digital NS.”