This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The Application Delivery Associate – HRIS (Workday) is responsible for the supporting the delivery of business capabilities from the beginning to the end of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) within HRIS for application enhancements and/or project delivery driven by HR business priorities. This role is specialized to provide IT support, maintenance and enhancements across multiple HR business functions using Workday HCM and related technologies. This role will be responsible for: interfacing with the business to understand requirements and process, the translation of those requirements into a solution, the development/configuration and testing of that solution, and the transition of that solution into production. The Application Delivery Associate – HRIS, provides subject matter expertise in multiple Workday modules including: Benefits, Payroll, Talent and Recruiting, Time/Absence, and Advanced Compensation. A successful candidate will combine hands on functional/technical skills in Workday with HR business process knowledge to design new solutions and support existing solutions within Workday.
- Collaborate with HR business and HRIS team to manage incoming requests including collection of business requirements, estimation of work and prioritization of work efforts
- Design, configure and support enhancements within existing Workday modules
- Lead testing activities including unit and end to end testing; facilitate and support user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Troubleshoot and resolve Workday configuration issues
- Prepares configuration documentation and root cause analysis documentation
- Works with outside vendors, as needed, to coordinate requirements and delivery of integrated solutions
- Participate in management and implementation of bi-annual Workday releases
- Provide support for end user training, train HR end users via various methods including in-person, webinar and documentation
- Participate and contribute during periodic updates to the HR business stakeholders on ongoing Enhancements pipeline
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- 3+ years Workday support/implementation experience with Payroll and Benefits module experience a plus
- Workday HCM certification a plus (not required)
- A good understanding of the key periodic HR events and associated business process impacts like Open Enrollment, Mid-Year and Year-End
- Performance Management cycles, Year End Compensation and Payroll processes, etc.
- Eager learner and team player
- Experience defining, designing, developing, and implementing complex integration business solutions.
- Experience developing technical and business process documentation on HR processes using Workday solutions
- Dedicated, conscientious, detail oriented and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively within the team, HR stakeholders and end users
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.