This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking and superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The Business Technology Solution Group Administration’s Data & Reporting Analyst is responsible for supporting BTS Project Governance, Project and Portfolio Management, Data Quality and Integrity, and Reporting. The Data & Reporting Analyst partners with BTS Leadership to support them in common Project Management processes and tools, project governance, and project financial tracking and management. This role has primary ownership for the definition, usage, and support of MS Project Server, our primary Project Portfolio Management tool. BTS Administration’s Data & Reporting Analyst helps develop processes and tools that allow for consolidation of activities where possible.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Project and Portfolio Management:
- BTS Project Management Processes & Toolset – Oversee/provide system administration and support for PPM systems (i.e. Project Server); introduce new functionality that supports BTS and One AXIS goals. Help develop and implement standard processes and artifacts for project management and governance.
- Support the CIOs, CoE Leads and business in the project approval governance process through the management of appropriate artifacts and supporting documentation as needed (Project Readiness Checklist, Project Proposal, CBA, etc.). Facilitate monthly Project Readiness meetings.
Performance Management & Communications:
- Reporting & Communications – coordinates and contributes to multi-level (including BTS Leadership Team, Executive Committee, and Board) reporting and communications, including Status Reports, Scorecards, BTS Project Roadmap, and Active Project Report.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurement – assists with the definition, tracking and support of the agreed KPI process.
- BTS Finance Support – Work with BTS Finance, ensuring all project and resource data is captured in Project Server and that forecasting, actuals, and variances are accurately reported back out.
- Project Financials – Ensure all resource time is captured in Project Server per the AXIS standard and assist team leads with tools to manage their teams.
- Ensure all non-resource project costs are captured in Project Server against correct projects.
- Measure BAU and Project Financials – as required, provide reports regarding tracking against plan (such as Variance and Trend Analysis).
- EPMO SharePoint Site – Ensure all project standards, processes, and templates are updated.
- Ensure all meeting materials and executive reports are available.
- Conduct ad-hoc research surveys (Research Board Gartner) and distribute results.
Required Education/Training & Experience
Executive-level reporting experience, Prior experience implementing and administering PPM solutions (Project Server experience preferred), Experience defining and implementing performance management processes, Working knowledge of Microsoft-based tools and platforms, General awareness of IT technology and associated terminology, Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and interface with key stakeholders and leaders, Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, Effective time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and deliverables.
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.