This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking and superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
Accountable to the Senior Technical Architect / DevOps Lead, the DevOps Engineer is a specialized resource who brings together application code, infrastructure components, and deployment processes to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). This resource will have three main responsibilities: 1) Environment Management, 2) Configuration Management, 3) Deployment Management. This role will employ technology, process, and automation to achieve operational excellence in the SDLC.
- Support and enhance the SDLC
- Environment management: Ownership of how the solution is deployed into our physical environment – on prem or in the cloud. For on-prem, work closely with our operations teams to manage the production environment.
- Manage DEV workstation setup and procurement
- Manage all physical diagrams of the topology
- Active monitoring and management of DEV and QA in partnership with Operations infrastructure teams for installs, active monitoring of UAT, Pre-Prod, Prod
- Dynatrace alert monitoring – engage corporate support and infrastructure teams as required based on conditions/alerts
- Configuration management
- Branch/main code management and best practices
- Coordinate code merge activities
- Code/test channel management for all release work
- Maintain best practice on code management tools usage
- Deployment management
- Build and deploy process and automation
- Support deploy activities to all environments
- Deployment night planning, resourcing, and execution
- Maintain industry knowledge of DevOps best practices/tools and enhance AXIS processes as required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in DevOps role; experience with Insurance industry preferred
- Experience working with vendors, system integrators, and/ or in a managed service environment
- Experience working with development teams through the full SDLC – agile experience preferred
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Strong knowledge with CI/CD using Azure DevOps/Pipelines, Octopus
- Knowledge in Implementing and managing continuous code builds and deployments
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows Server components and Linux (Example, IIS, Events, tomcat, etc.)
- Experience with any continuous deployment tools such as Azure Pipelines, Octopus or Jenkins
- Experience with Azure Platform or similar cloud computing environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of implementing and managing monitoring and analysis tools (Dynatrace, App Dynamics)
- Experience with Configuration Management software, Puppet, in particular, is a strong plus
- Experience building and automating ARM templates is a strong plus
- Must have skills –
- Scripting using PowerShell, Ruby, Perl or any other similar languages.
- Any Packaging open-source tools knowledge like NuGet
- Working knowledge Web, Services security using any type of SSO or Identity solutions
- Understanding of full stack of infrastructure components is a Plus not required.
- Experience in supporting Web applications (.net and Java stack) – Preferred not required.
- Documenting the infrastructure topology and artifacts.
- Working knowledge of code merge process – Preferred not required.
- Working collaboratively with multi-vendor teams (Preferred) and team player attitude.
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.