This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking and superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
To support our growth objectives at AXIS, we are investing significantly in our new Business & Technology Center in Halifax, Nova Scotia. As part of a global team, you will be working with highly experienced talent to maintain and enhance different components of our Customer Facing Digital Solutions.
- Participation in the maintenance and ongoing development of customer-facing applications and web services
- Ensuring integration between Axis Digital applications and in-house or vendor-supplied systems is seamless and well-performing
- Ensuring that the design and development of any changes adhere to Axis security requirements
- Unit testing
- Participation in system integration testing
- Supporting the production implementation
- Engaging in maintenance and support activities as needed
- Documentation of any changes
Required Skills and Qualifications
Our preferred candidate will have:
- 2 years of development experience working on full-stack applications in a development role.
- Demonstrated competence with JEE and/or Java 1.8
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Strong familiarity and some experience working with APIs, exposing/consuming via Microservices (Rest and SOAP)
- Experience with IDEA like Intellij or Eclipse
- Working knowledge of front-end technologies such as React, AngularJS or Angular Typescript.
- Experience with IIS and Tomcat or similar applications servers.
- Familiarity with build tools such as maven, ant, npm and grunt.
- Experience working with XML and XSLT
- Familiarity with integration with Azure Active Directory
- Exposure to secure development fundamentals such as Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP).
- Exposure to industry standards, best practices, and development methodologies
- Practical experience in branching, merging code, continuous testing and software delivery pipelines and containers using Visual Studio, Test Manager, Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps, Git, or other tools
- Real-life experience with Agile methodologies including SCRUM; experience working with Product Backlogs using Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps
- Experience assisting the DevOps for automated build and automated deployment
- Understanding of RDBMS and Data Repositories (SQL Server, MySQL, Azure noSQL)
- Knowledge of distributed systems and service-oriented architecture
- The ability to collaborate effectively and communicate transparently
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability and desire to learn new technologies
Additional experience and qualifications that are desirable include:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Certificate from college plus appropriate industry experience
- Experience in P&C Insurance in a technology role preferred
- Experience with AgencyPort/C5 or integrating with Duck Creek or COTS Policy Administration solutions preferred
- ACORD knowledge preferred
- knowledge of implementing and managing monitoring and analysis tools (i.e. Dynatrace)
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.