This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking and superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
The Document Ingestion Developer role is responsible for the configuration and development of the enterprise document capture tool in the Workplace Productivity Center of Excellence (WPP CoE). The candidate will design, configure and develop imaging solutions and major enhancements to the document capture and ingestion process, including optical character recognition (OCR). This role will analyze business requirements, information systems architecture, and implement document capture solutions accordingly. This candidate will be required to work with the WPP CoE team and project stakeholders to implement solutions based on best practices.
- Performs the technical configuration of the document capture/ingestion tool
- Performs the development of code related to the document capture/ingestion tool
- Participates in the review of the technical deliverables during the design phase of a project
- Leads the review of the configuration and/or code delivered to the Document Management team.
- Helps manage technical dependencies across delivery streams throughout projects/initiatives.
- Participates in testing per release for document capture/ingestion tool
- Responsible for the promotion of code related to document capture/ingestion tool
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent undergraduate degree
- Relevant experience with imaging, document management, content management and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology
- Some experience with professional capture configuration and development (ABBYY, Ephesoft, Kofax, etc.)
- Some experience with Java, C++ or an equivalent object-oriented programming language
- Some experience with .NET programming experience
- Some experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with document management tools (SharePoint, FileNet, Alfresco, Mobius, or Box)
- Experience with installing/upgrading Document Capture Systems and integration with backend systems.
- Agile software development methodologies
- Experience in the Insurance industry
- ECM Practitioner (ECMp)
- Certified Document Imaging Architect (CDIA+)
About AXIS Capital
AXIS capitals are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.