This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for the support of projects and enhancements for CRM & Distribution applications. The Business Analyst elicits, defines, and documents the business and functional requirements. The Business Analyst validates functional business design documentation, reviews test plans, and verifies system functionality delivered for the project.
The IT Business Analyst reports to the CRM & Distribution Lead, but works closely with Broker Relationship Management and Marketing function.
- Lead the capture, review and update business requirements
- Produce deliverables based on IT Lead and SME guidance
- Capture business capability matrix, detailed requirements, user stories, business rules, etc.
- Communication and training materials as needed
- Support the delivery of the Business Architecture by partnering with stakeholders and functional lead(s) to identify business process issues and capability needs
- Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the Business Leads and SMEs
- Conduct walkthroughs with project team members and business leads
- Understand and manage to scope of defined project
- Work with QA and Business SMEs (UAT) to ensure requirements traceability and coverage within test cases
- Promote change management principles with executives, senior leaders, managers and supervisors to influence, build relationships, and manage resistance
- Provide support during end user training, prior to production deployments
- Provide support to end users as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience as a business analysis preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in P&C Insurance industry, or Financial Service industry, or a Sales Distribution organization
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft platforms including Microsoft Dynamics and SharePoint preferred
- Experience with Reinsurance is a plus
- Experience developing technical documentation including process documentation, storyboarding, business requirements, use cases and presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in person and remotely
- Dedicated and detail oriented
- Dedicated and conscientious team player
- Excellent Analytical skills
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.