Lead Developer – Customer Facing Digital Solutions
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
The Lead Developer for Customer-Facing Digital Solutions is a key member of the development team responsible for translating business requirements into pragmatic and functional application/technology solutions. This role is accountable for the software that extends insurance functions (e.g. quote/bind/issue) to customers and distribution partners through Portals and APIs for use in B2B engagements. This role is responsible for hands on development and day to day driving of the other developers toward quality delivery. The lead developer should be a subject matter expert in one or more elements of the application they support including webservice integration, API management, J2EE technologies, Microsoft technologies, and XML/XSLT definitions. The lead developer will work closely with the Delivery Lead and others to define and evolve development processes to help ensure the effective and efficient delivery of quality code. A successful candidate will combine hands on functional/technical skills with the ability to design solutions and mentor a technical delivery team.
The Lead Developer for the Digital Solutions team must be well versed in and a proponent of the concepts of Digital Transformation. The candidate must be willing to work inside and outside of the development team to help AXIS Capital achieve its Digital goals.
- Collaborate on the architecture, design, implementation of Agency Portal, integrations with policy administration and claim systems, and outward facing APIs that can be used in B2B engagements.
- Collaborate and partner with vendors, creating a blended / unified team between internal development resources and external vendor resources
- Acts as the lead developer for the team – defining best practices, defining standards, ensuring adherence to these, performing code reviews, participating in unit testing and debugging as required.
- Drives and conducts POCs as required
- Partners with the development lead and project manager in a project/initiative to structure the work streams and plan for delivery of the solution.
- Includes estimating and assistance in work / activity assignment.
- Responsible for assuring solutions adhere and further the Enterprise Architectural standards and principles. Acts as a champion for reuse of assets in solution creation.
- Support implementation of solutions by analyzing current system environments and infrastructure, develop implementation plan and verification procedures, and ensure their execution to deliver successful installation of systems hardware/software.
- Engage when needed in maintenance and support activities being performed, as well as routine analysis and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service level
- Maintain system designs – application, technical, physical topologies
- Support code management practices and processes
- Assist with the tuning of application performance, supportability, and manageability.
- Work with technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the
- Business Leads and SMEs
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- Experience defining, designing, developing, and implementing complex integration business solutions
- 3+ year’s experience in P&C Insurance industry in a technology role preferred
- 10+ years experience developing in industry standard programming languages (preferably Java/J2EE, .NET)
- 10+ years experience with database systems, SQL language and database design.
- Experience with Cloud based infrastructure and software
- Experience with Azure Integration Services or similar
Other relevant experience in the technology and business domain they support:
- Experience with transactional portals / ecommerce
- Experience developing for multiple device formats including mobile and mobile app deployment
- J2EE, XML, XSLT and associated development / testing techniques
- ACORD knowledge preferred
- Experience with AgencyPort/C5 or integrating with Duck Creek or COTS Policy Administration solutions preferred
- Experience working with vendors, system integrators, and/ or in a managed service environment.
- Experience working in a hybrid agile mode
- Experience developing technical documentation including storyboarding, UML, sequence diagrams, component diagrams, information flows, use cases and presentations
- Dedicated and conscientious team player
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across the organization on a regular basis
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and grow resource skills within a team environment
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.