About the job
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Microsoft Azure Developer is responsible for new and existing development, under direction from a Lead Developer or Application Development Lead. Day to day activities for this role include consulting with business partners and other team members, detailed design, code, configurations, unit testing, system documentation, and support of production deployments. Azure Developer must be proficient with Azure platform and various development languages. A successful candidate will combine hands on functional/technical skills and experience with their ability to collaborate with other technical and non-technical roles.
- Applies technology to business processes in order to develop new, or enhance existing, solutions
- Consults and closely works with Application Delivery Leads and Architects to develop appropriate technical solutions
- Advises on options, risks and impacts on business processes and technical architecture
- Assists in the design, development and implantation of solutions that are efficient, maintainable and scalable
- Writes unit tests for all code written
- Designs cost effective solutions residing primarily on Azure platform
- Responsible for integration with multiple hybrid (on-prem) and native cloud solutions
- Develops with a security focus, following best practices, in order to avoid data breaches and exposure
- Designs/considers scalability and incorporates performance and load testing in the solution
- Defines, designs and Implements AIS development, testing and security best practices
- Implements deliverables using an appropriate solution for the task at hand
- Collaborates with development resources, both onshore and offshore
- Engages in maintenance and support activities, as required
- Maintains system documentation – including diagrams, knowledge base, other design artifacts
- Analyzes and tunes for application performance, supportability and manageability
- Liaises between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions
Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field, preferred
- At least 5+ years of development experience working with Microsoft development languages
- Experience in analysis, design and development of custom solutions using Microsoft technology stack
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing, SQL Server, .Net technologies
- Hands-on experience with Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, Azure Monitoring, Key Vault
- Hands-on experience with Azure Serverless computing (Functions, Logic Apps, Service Bus, SQL Database)
- Hands-on experience with Azure DevOps (Boards, Repos, Pipelines)
- Hands-on experience implementing CI/CD using Azure Pipelines
- Hands-on experience with .NET Core/Frameworks (C#)
- Experience building ARM templates
- Experience with Azure networking a strong plus
- Experience with APM tooling with Dynatrace being preferred
- Microsoft Azure Developer certificate a strong plus
- Dedicated and conscientious team player
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across the organization on a regular basis
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.