This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking and superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
The Program Manager is accountable for the delivery of all aspects of the various programs/projects that execute within the Domain they support. They are responsible for creating and managing the supporting project plans, business expectations, steering committees, budget, risks and issues and in general, all the project governance mechanisms we employ at AXIS. The Program Manager must be highly effective at leading within a matrixed environment as they are responsible for creating cohesive delivery teams from across the various Application Delivery and COE organizations that deliver for them.
The Program Manager reports to the Sr. Program Manager within the Workplace Productivity Center of Excellence. They are responsible for managing the collective demand/capacity for the domain they support (programs, projects, enhancements) and consolidating a collective view of all delivery for their domain to the CIO or respective IT leader.
This role must possess a combination of strong program/project management and business skills. The role’s greatest skill will be the ability to coordinate effectively multiple concurrent projects and the enhancements that relate to the program.
- Prepare overall program plan, set program goals and deliverables
- Review plans of individual projects and enhancement releases
- Lead the delivery and implementation of all programs and projects
- Identify and manage cross-project dependencies
- Request periodic project reports from individual project leaders
- Document all high-level project events and milestones within the program plan
- Monitor, control and report on program budget
- Assess and manage risk for the program, develop and implement contingency plans
- Communicate to project sponsors, team members and other business stakeholders; delivering audience-appropriate messages including executive presentations
- Develop program management standards and methodologies to achieve program goals, assist in strategies to develop a stronger project management team as required
- Build project teams, negotiate with resource managers for members with appropriate skill sets
- Manage conflict between individual project or enhancement teams
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 10 or more years experience with project management in the P&C Insurance industry preferred
- 5 or more years experience executing large programs of work, coordinating multiple projects within the program
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science
- PMP, PgMP, Six Sigma certification (or similar relevant credential) preferred
- Experience managing vendors working within an application development outsourcing model
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading and operating within a matrixed organization
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess strong project management (planning and organizing) skills coupled with the ability to think strategically to deliver on IT’s commitment to their business partners
- Knowledge of the entire IT Project Lifecycle, especially with regard to planning and initiation, delivery, testing, & problem resolution
- Ability to facilitate, collaborate, influence and drive resolution across different stakeholders within a cross-functional organization
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across the organization on a regular basis
- Budget / Financial Management
- Communication, leadership, team building, influencing, decision making, negotiation, interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, organization
- Ability to adapt quickly to new environments, fast learner, ability to work under stress
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Project web Application skills
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.