The QA Tester is responsible for the delivery of quality assurance throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC) across both small and large-scale initiatives. As part of a global team, you will be working with highly experienced talent to enhance existing solutions and deliver/ integrate new capabilities across (re)insurance pricing, reserving, catastrophe modelling, loss accumulation and exposure management. You will embark on an exciting learning journey, gaining a strong grasp of these domains along with the underpinning mathematical, actuarial and statistical methodologies.
This role will work with teams of AXIS resources and vendor resources and has accountability for developing test strategies and plans, static testing of requirements documentation, functional and non-functional testing of systems, assisting in the coordination of UAT, and pro-active engagement with business stakeholders and Business Technology teams to ensure solutions are performant and stable. They will optimize QA processes and help to establish automated testing capabilities (working with Software Development Engineers in Test). The successful candidate will combine domain knowledge and hands-on testing experience with the ability to drive best-practice.
- Advocating and evangelizing testing best practices and helping to foster a culture of “failing early” and “building quality in”
- Collaborating with stakeholders and project teams to identify needs and gather requirements
- Static testing of requirements documents to identify defects, ambiguity & missing information
- Analyzing and reviewing requirements for “testability”
- Supporting the team in the design of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Assisting the scrum team with sprint planning, test design, test execution, defect analysis/root cause investigation & reporting on test status
- Producing test strategies/plans and liaising with the project team to adapt where necessary to reflect test results and other variables
- Performing functional & non-functional testing of systems including ‘regression’, ‘compatibility’, ‘performance’ and ‘integration’ testing
- Working with stakeholders to understand risk appetite and desired test coverage levels
- Contributing to the creation of regression test packs and maintaining these for future use
- Assisting third-line support staff in replicating complex issues
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with end-to-end testing processes and methodologies/frameworks
- Experience in specialty insurance and reinsurance
- Exposure to Agile (Scrum) methodology
- Experience analyzing business requirements and functional specifications
- Experience of Agile workload-planning and management (Stories, Tasks, etc)
- Experience preparing defect reports and defect metrics, preferably automated
- Defect analysis and management experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Dedicated and conscientious team player
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or equivalent experience
- Software Testing Certification (e.g. ISTQB/ISEB or equivalent)
- Experience working with Selenium (or other automation tools)
- Experience in working on business-critical and large-scale applications
- Experience on projects related to multi-tier, web, console applications, Windows Services, and Windows Forms using Microsoft technologies and tools
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.