This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking and superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
Accountable to the Quality Assurance Team Lead, the Quality Assurance Automation Specialist is a specialized resource who is responsible for test automation during the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). This ideal candidate will combine technical skills with detailed business analyst skills. This resource should be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment and should be comfortable working with remote team members in different time zones and should be detail-oriented with an aptitude for quality management.
- Support and enhance the SDLC
- Collaborate with vendors/resources that operate in different locations (including offshore), creating a blended/unified team between internal and external resources
- Assess and review the technical deliverables during the design phase of a project.
- Create test plans and detailed test scenarios as required, review with project stakeholders for approval
- Design, build, execute, and maintain automated test scenarios.
- Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the Business Leads and SMEs
- Participate in the report out of quality assurance metrics across internal and external (vendor) teams as required on programs, projects, releases.
- Manage the disposition, assignment, and resolution of defects during the SDLC.
- Act as tier 3 resources for incidents/production support issues, consult and act to resolve on behalf of the business as required.
- Support automation scripts for smoke test, deployments, and patching.
- Maintain industry knowledge of Test Automation best practices/tools and enhance AXIS processes as required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- 2+ year’s experience in the P&C Insurance industry in a technology role preferred
- Experience working with vendors, system integrators, and/ or in a managed service environment.
- Experience working with development teams through the full SDLC – agile experience preferred
- Excellent business and technical analytical skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills required
- Dedicated and detail-oriented
- Experience with any continuous deployment tools preferred
- Experience with TFS, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or other SDLC / test management tools
Must have skills –
- Expert experience in Quality Assurance test practices
- TOSCA or relevant experience with other test automation tools/test management tools
- Performance test planning and execution experience
- Experience with complex system testing, financial system testing, SOX based controls testing preferred
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.