This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking and superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
The Integration and ODS Developer will be responsible for delivering and assisting in the build-out of our integration framework to the cloud, support our current applications like CPT and AQS.
This role will be responsible for the translation of requirements into technical solutions, the development and testing of such solutions, and the transition of solutions into production. It will assist in optimizing and automatic SW delivery processes (incl testing) in the spirit of Agile Delivery and DevOps. A successful candidate will combine hands-on SW implementation skills with solid contributions to architecture and UX design work.
- Design & Develop components within Reinsurance ODS platform
- Work with and partner with colleagues from other CoEs and vendors, within a blended / unified delivery team, working across different time zones
- Produce, test and deploy code as required as the most senior member of the team.
- Contribute to the integration of capabilities into existing production environments – as well as technical dependencies with other development teams, infrastructure, security, etc.
- Support the smooth transition of new capabilities from the project development team to the application maintenance team by preparing technical documentation
- Contribute to the optimization of artifacts, processes, and tools used by the team through the software development lifecycle for delivery of work within the domain.
- Act as tier 3 resource for incidents/production support issues
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess
- Extensive programming and cloud experience in C#, API management, Logic Apps, Azure function and Azure integration platform, Rest, MS SQL, Core .NET
- Willingness to do multiple tasks
- Sound understanding of RDBMS and Data Repositories (SQL Server, MySQL, , Azure noSQL, Lucene)
- Some knowledge of integrating solutions with Microsoft applications (Sharepoint, Exchange, MS Dynamics CRM 365) by exposing/consuming APIs via
- Microservices (Rest and SOAP) and/or using MS Graph or MS Windows Flow
- Commercial experience of industry standards, best practice and development methodologies such as factory pattern, IoC, LINQ, delegates and generics
- Practical experience in branching, merging code, continuous testing and software delivery pipelines and containers using Visual Studio, Test Manager,
- Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps
- Real-life experience with Agile methodologies including SCRUM; experience working with Product Backlogs using either JIRA, Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps
- The ability to collaborate effectively and communicate transparently
- A history of successfully bringing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Very strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Additional experience and qualifications that are desirable include:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Reinsurance industry domain knowledge
- Knowledge of industry frameworks and methodologies, such as COSO, ITIL, CMMi, CobiT, resp. Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, TQM
- Experience in Reinsurance or Heavy Commercial/Specialty Insurance
- Experience advocating and evangelizing best practices such Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.