This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking and superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
ServiceNow Developer is a highly-skilled technical resource for new and existing development. This role reports to ServiceNow Lead Developer and is accountable for delivering all aspects of ITSM and other modules within the ServiceNow platform. Day-to-day activities for this role include consulting with business partners and other team members, detailed design, code, configurations, unit testing, system documentation, and support of production deployments. The developer should be proficient with ServiceNow standard configuration/programing tools and should have a working knowledge of integrations with other systems. This includes leveraging of Webservices (SOAP/REST), SSO integration, etc. A successful candidate will combine hands on functional/technical skills with the ability to collaborate with other technical and non-technical roles.
- Applies technology to business processes in order to develop new ServiceNow solutions and troubleshoot issues
- Consults and closely works with the Process team to develop appropriate technical solutions
- Advises on options, risk and impacts on business processes and technical architecture
- Manages day to day operations with ServiceNow platform suite
- Designs, Develops and Implements solutions for Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog, Request, Asset, CMDB, and Knowledge Management
- Responsible for integration with multiple LDAP, SSO, and other Infrastructure tools
- Performs integrations and process automation using ServiceNow Orchestration
- Manages implementation and execution of ServiceNow Discovery, Orchestration, Performance Analytics
- Defines and Implements ServiceNow scripting and security best practices
- Collaborates and works as a team member with other development resources
- Engages in maintenance and support activities, as required
- The role requires hands-on technical skills
- Maintains system documentation – including diagrams, knowledge base, other design artifacts
- Analyzes and tunes application performance, supportability and manageability.
- Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as required by the leadership
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field, preferred
- At least 5 years of development experience working with ServiceNow
- Hands-on design, development and deployment experience with the ServiceNow platform
- ServiceNow implementation experience in ITSM modules (Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB & Asset).
- Deep understanding of project management phases, techniques, and tools; ability to work hand-in-hand with Process team
- Hands-on experience with ServiceNow scripting (Glide and Jelly Scripting, Java Script, HTML, XML, AJAX, Angular JS)
- Experience in Integration with 3rd party tools using web services, SOAP, email, MID, etc.
- ServiceNow administration experience is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; experience with Agile development a plus
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist or Application Developer certifications
- Experience with Azure DevOps/TFS and/or other ALM tools
- Dedicated and conscientious team player
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across the organization on a regular basis
- Excellent Analytical skills
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.