As a Backend Developer at REDspace, you will create scalable, reliable, and creative solutions that build on industry-leading technology. You are highly motivated and driven by the ability to take ownership of your work – from the early design phase through to completion.
You’re the first to know about and test new trends and technologies because nothing excites you more than this ever-changing digital world we live in. You’re a strong team player but are also able to work independently and can easily leverage your strong communication and technical skills to convert designs and specifications into one of a kind solutions.
Collaboration is the name of the game, which leads to daily cross-discipline idea generation. As a Backend Developer, you’ll be part of a mighty and quickly growing team who are working together to invent innovative, captivating and visionary solutions which will change the way people engage with technology. Want to join our team?
What we expect:
- 3 + years experience working in a Backend Development or Full Stack Development role
- Experience operating in cloud computing-based environments (AWS, GCP)
- Knowledge of scalable server and database architecture
- Familiarity with Real-time messaging
- Experience with systems-level development, services, networking, and daemons.
- Designing and implementing components in a 12-factor style.
- Applying best-practices with HTTP to ensure appropriate downstream handling
- Experience working with NoSQL solutions like ElasticSearch
- Practical experience in (one of) C/C++/C#/GoLang
- Good communicator who can express your thoughts both verbally and written
- Enjoy working on a small agile team, with ownership of your problems and their solutions and contributing to the overall success of the team
- A desire to work with a variety of technologies and ability to adapt to change
- Loves problem-solving and can deploy solutions quickly
Bonus if you have the following:
- High-level knowledge of machine learning principles, statistical modeling or regression analysis
- Experience working with audio and or video
- Domain knowledge of media encoding
What you can expect:
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your health. From fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage, to pension plan contribution matching, to access to a free on-site gym and a healthy living allowance, we always want you feeling your best.
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. With annual professional development allowance to trips to the world’s biggest and best tech conferences, we want to give you the chance to hone and learn new skills.
Your happiness. We want you to enjoy coming to work every day and we make sure to create a flexible environment that allows just that. This means free delicious snacks, remote work options, newcomers relocation assistance, saunas and much more.
Interested in working at one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers? Send us your resume and code samples!
This position is based out of our Bedford, Nova Scotia office and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4