BDO Canada is looking for a Bids & Proposals Writer / Coordinator to join the Consulting team on either a full-time permanent or contract basis, depending on the successful candidate’s preference. The individual will have the ability to work remotely from anywhere in Canada and will own the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating proposal production while working collaboratively with other team members located in Ottawa and across the country
- Creating proposal response templates, formatting proposal responses using proposal automation software (and Word) in accordance with established style and content requirements
- Assisting with strategic operational activities; e.g., participating in Go/No-Go discussions to determine if an opportunity warrants pursuit, and pro-actively integrating strategic objectives into your work
- Coordinating and producing proposal responses to RFx (RFP, RFQ, RFT etc.) opportunities – this includes facilitating proposal kick-off meetings, managing proposal deadlines, writing and coordinating content, complying with our quality management processes, and owning the final product
- Gathering proposal content by identifying sources of information
- Proposal printing, assembly, mailing/shipping
- Following a meticulous work plan to ensure timely delivery of proposals
- Following proposal writing standards and maintaining proposal support databases
- Obtaining approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers
- Preparing presentations by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; printing
- Meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, meetings, approvals, etc.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; the client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high-quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education?
- Previous experience in proposal writing
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven and progressive experience or equivalent including strong knowledge of the RFP process
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, English, Arts, Communications or a related field or equivalent experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – interacts successfully with all levels of staff – partners, managers, and clients with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Well-developed writing skills, particularly with drafting business proposals and marketing materials
- Bilingual (English & French) seen as an asset
- Graphic design skills and experience are seen as an asset
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and conditions while under tight timelines
- Self-starter that can work independently with minimal oversight along with a proactive service attitude and willingness to take a “hands-on and can do” approach
- Strong proficiency with common productivity software including PowerPoint, Excel and Word and other proposal based tools
BDO Canada has spent more than 90 years providing assurance, accounting, tax, and advisory services to a broad range of clients across the Canada. We represent thousands of technology clients across the country.